Skip to main content

3rd owner, restoration detailed on this forum. All paper work and history on this vehicle since day ONE! 100% restoration and sorted. 38k miles on chassis 200 miles since completion of restoration, 50 miles on polished RBT rebuilt ZF.
This is a Resto-rod,Unmolested exterior & heavilly upgraded cooling, brakes, interior, and drive train: motor is a 351 windsor "nascar" block (will accept 427 upgrade)alum heads, and all the go fast bits, 425 hp

This car only needs to be dusted and DRIVEN!

Nothing left undone with this project. Appraised and insured for 150k

Appraisal can be emailed upon request.

Please, serious inquires only.

Asking price questions, and inspection appointments can be emailed to: mvac@znet.com

Cheers Mark 6808

pictures picture pictures http://mark6808.smugmug.com/ga...9g/1/252079331_GQF9H
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No sad faces George, this car deserves a home, one were the owner will drive her, show her, and enjoy her!
My life in the last couple of years has changed course. I'm not around to drive the car, and feel guilty that this amazing car rarely gets exercised!

lambolp400s, don't be sorry, its a desire to sell the car, not a necessity. This is a really nice car, and will make a new owner very happy if they desire a done car.

Cheers Mark

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Alaska_08_II_314
Mark my friend, as long as all is well with you, then I'm OK. The DeTomaso community will miss you, I hope you won't forget us, you'll always be welcome back if you find you are missing that Pantera someday. Looks like you're doing some adventure-cycling, very cool! Wish I could join you.

To refresh everyone's memory, Mark is a second generation Pantera owner. He owns a body shop in Mission Viejo California (Orange County), his Pantera received a first class restoration & update several years ago that was very well documented right here on our forums. The kind of restoration you would expect the owner of a body shop to give his own vehicle. If anyone is looking for a thoroughly resto-modded Pantera, this is one.

-George
I must've arrived on this site after you finished that resto - because man oh man that thing is just unreal. I normally don't like heavy mods, but yours is tasteful and, well, words don't do it justice.

This is one of those times where I half fantasize about being remarkably wealthy, heavy in the Pantera hunt, looking for a great way to spend a week driving a car like that across this great country (yes, this one) with someone special. If those conditions were met, I'd be in your car.

You're going to make someone pretty happy to get that. Hope you're well compensated and got the reward of experience out of your hard work.
George & company,

Thank you all for the kind words, as the current caretaker for 6808, it makes me proud you all think so much of her.

Update to the original post, 6808 doesn't even need to be dusted! Spent the last weekend cleaning her up, and anticipate driving her to Cars and Coffee 2/28/09

Obviously with the current financial climate, I wouldn't expect to reach the appraised value in a sale of 6808, but would entertain any offer near the 85k range.

Cheers Mark

PS all the spares and extra's: windshield, door handles, spare & tools, tubs....etc.etc.etc. (are included with the sale)
Link copied to your clipboard.