Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Note: the various posts from all of the threads about this car have now been combined into this one photo gallery. GP

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel #9191:
Hey I put this info in the wrong section, oops.
My friend in Ca. is Brandon 925-330-1251.
the car is
1969 mangusta, the 7th one built with prototype louvers in the rear valance as apossed to the wire mesh,
Restored by Gary hall about 3000 miles ago,
Saphire Black w/ black int. this car was given a salvage title by a stupid insuarnce thing. the damage in the pictures does not justify the title, some one screwed up.
Brandon is a great guy, known him over 20yrs is a great freind, point is he will tell exactly wht it is with no bull%$^&%.
The owner I believe wants 65k
Daniel Giannini
If someone want to ask me anything about brandon or the car feel free to call
509-370-0877
Last edited by George P
I'm not sure that I like the term prototype. It frightens me more then a just little.

#7? Yikes. It probably is virtually a custom made car from the factory. Lots of little hand mad parts that aren't on the
production" goose, as if there is any such thing? Maybe they are all that way, no two exactly alike?

I would like to see as many pictures as possible of it.

I'm not sure that I would be interested in owning a car that needs to remain stock because of it's signifigance? Panteras have spoiled me in that way.

Maybe I just have a problem with authority?
Last edited by George P
Yep, thats the car, the owner said it's the 7th one built the panel in the rear valance is louverd, ie prototype is the louvers over mesh. I'm going to see the car first hand and meet the owner and hopefully get some answers on what it is exactly. I dont know much about Mangustas any suggestions what to look for,or is it like a pantera's typical issues?
If my wife wouldnt shoot me I might have considered adding it to the collection, no, she would shoot me, definetly.

Daniel
Does anyone know Gary hall well enough to ask him if he remembers anything about the car? Apparently he restored it some years ago.
I just sold my 65 k code fastback,it's in a thousand peices, missing hood front fender, rear valance, needs qtrs. floor pans,on and on and on...........engine in boxes. Is it totaled? The title is not salvage but effectively is totaled, all original parts needing total repair,restored they sell for 30k to 50k repaired/ restored or is that semantics, whats it cost to repair/restore, loads$$$$$$
It was not for sale but he wanted it, offered a price, sold. I get it, the title was clean, I asked him about salvage( we were talking about the mangusta) he responded how many are for sale the color etc that he wants, limited availability, if he wants it he wants it.
I still would pass because of title, but thats me, I feel that most people feel the same as I do, or am I wrong?

Daniel
Last edited {1}
quote:
Does anyone know Gary hall well enough to ask him if he remembers anything about the car? Apparently he restored it some years ago.
Daniel

Just call Gary. He's very friendly and personable. I think he only goes into the shop a couple times a week. 310-630-8156. If he's not there, talk to Tara.
quote:
I have learned more....heres the short version best I understood
the mangusta went to a shop in northern ca. for the engine upgrade, clutch etc.
the wife picked up the car and backeTd into soomethiing in the shop. the car stayed. the car sat...the couple got divorced.
THEY NEVER PAYED OR PICKED UP THE CAR.
The shop mechanic liened the car and took possesiion created the SALVAGE title.
Current owner had been looking for a masngussta,Gary Hall found it for him. Richard did not like original lite blue so he had the car restored and color changed and the dent in the rear repaired by Gary Hall.

So the salvage title reads ( salvage )apparently this accured because of a mechanics lien, not damage.
DANIEL
anyone can call me if they want more info details etc.no way I could type all the info about this car
Daniel
509-370-0877

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.