Skip to main content

I know that should be pretty obvious, as it appears to be a pushbutton (unless he had the doors redone to appear as a pusbutton) and it is decked out the GTS stuff (air dam, other body kit parts and decals).

71 Pusbutton or 73 GTS

Could it be one of those pushbutton chassis that sat around for a few years, then eventually got built in 73??? Looks like a 71 to me...

And if anyone knows any more details on the car that would be great too, as it may affect the proposed value, if it were to be genuine.

-Will
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Definitely not a GTS, but no big deal. As a pushbutton it should be worth more. Early seats, 3-vent dash, flat deck lid and the early formed inner fenders are all correct for the Pushbutton cars. A few hours removing the decals and filling/repainting the air dam rivets and you'd have a pretty nice car. I'd probably relocate those remote filters closer to the engine too. Seems to me like a long way for the oil to travel. I agree that the price seems a bit high considering the car probably isn't as nice as it looks from the shiny paint. But, until someone sees it in person...
I agree with all . . .pushbutton with a GTS make over. Doesn't have the GTS riveted flares. The interior, flat decklid, and transaxle indicate a pushbutton. The serial number would be better proof as Detomaso mixed and matched and I've seen early parts mixed with late on other cars. Needs to be checked for rust and body work as with any car to determine real value.
Well I might email the seller (a very un-informed seller at that), for more pics (pic of the underside of the car & S/N plate at the least)...

Still the price seems high, since I would have to take off that front air dam & remove the rivets & decals.

But it's a pushbutton worth looking into (given that rust isn't an issue).
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Melton:
It has already been answered, but I'll comment that this is a 1971 USA delivery Push-Button.

A GTS decal does not make it a GTS. Also note they misspelled De Tomaso name in the description.

A 6-speed? Probably not.

BTW This car is in the Registry.

Chuck, what number do you have for the car?

I spoke to the owner and he said the S/N is: THPNLD01312

No shots of the underside, but he said he has owned the car for the past 25years...
Last edited by polymath
Link copied to your clipboard.