Skip to main content

As much as it pains me to do this. My 71 is up for sale. My business is growing, and I need the funds to help it grow. Soooo...here is the list!

1971 DeTomaso Pantera 377 c.i. Twin Turbo 1000+whp flex fuel capable. Flex fuel allows you to run ANY mix of pump gas to Pure E100. The cars computer makes all the tuning adjustments and power adjustments based on the Ethanol content in the fuel. This is all automaticly done, the driver just puts in whatever fuel they have access to! This is the REAL deal, built and tuned by some of the best in the business who know turbocharging, and tuning high horsepower engines! Starts, drives, and runs like a modern sports car! Over $120k invested.

Engine - 377 c.i. Cleveland, Aus 2v Ported heads, Roller Rockers, Comp custom Roller Cam, 10 to 1 compression, High capacity 10qt Oil Pan, Cometic multilayer steel headgasket, ARP Headstuds and Main Studs, J.E. Pistons, Manley Rods, Weiand Intake modified with port fuel injection.

Engine Management - State of the art, ProEFI Pro128, fully equipped with dual wideband O2 sensors, Oil Pressure monitoring, Fuel Pressure monitoring with feedback, Flex fuel, boost control, Coil on Plug ignition, 1200cc injectors, Mallory electromechanical fuel pump,23 gallon custom aluminum fuel tank with baffleing, in cockpit 5 position boost control with power ranges from 520whp to 1040whp, Vehicle Speed monitoring with power control based on speed, Exhaust backpressure monitoring, Bank to Bank EGT monitoring, Two step/antilag control, launch control, and full color display for monitoring engine sensors. Gets up to 24mpg on the highway with gasoline.

Cooling System - 4" radiator with dual 12" fans (ECU controlled), Stainless Steel lines from the engine to the radiator. Drives in Arizona Summers with NO OVERHEATING!

Drivetrain - Freshened up ZF Transmission, no grinding in any gear, gear changes are smooth and seamless. New Mcleod Twin disc clutch

Brakes - Freshly rebuilt Wilwood brakes all around, New Brake Master

Suspension - Koni adjustable shocks custom valved for custom springs, and heavy duty sway bars.

Interior - All New Interior, Suede/Synthetic Leather, hand stitched, New Carpet, all Sound Deadened for a smooth quiet rattle free ride!

Wheels and Tires - Yokahama AVS1000 245/45/16's in Front, BFG 315/35/17 Drag Radials in the rear (new), mounted on refinished Simmons Wheels, polished and powder coated.

Exhaust - Custom headers with twin T66 Turbo Chargers, with dual 3" exhaust, all Jet Hot coated Stainless Steel pipes with Magnaflow mufflers

Pantera

Links - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WwU0c_GFnY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dK8Aq2kgcI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0eZwbM0rXU
http://www.proefi.com/De_Tomaso_Pan.html

Contact me via PM or at jason@proefi.com for further details.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Jason S.:
quote:
Originally posted by Husker:
Wonder how long it will be until someone asks what your reserve is? Beautiful bit of engineering.

LOL...hasn't happened yet, I'm waiting for that too!

The reserve is $45....so it will go somewhere over that number.

Thanks! It sucks to have to sell it.
quote:
Originally posted by Jason S.: 1971 DeTomaso Pantera 377 c.i. Twin Turbo 1000+whp flex fuel capable. Flex fuel allows you to run ANY mix of pump gas to Pure E100...........Engine - 377 c.i. Cleveland, Aus 2v Ported heads.......10 to 1 compression, ........ in cockpit 5 position boost control with power ranges from 520whp to 1040whp

Sorry to hear your selling Jason. Sounds like a heck of a lot tune time and money invested there. By memory, I dont believe the system has a charge air intercooler and uses various ethanol/methanol injection schemes for detonation control (is that correct?). Just wondering what level of boost the control system prescribes for the various fuels and power levels. Seems that 10:1 is a pretty steep static CR compared to what seems to be the norm in boosted engines but then again it would only require very modest levels of boost to achieve the low end of HP range. Is it possible to be North of 1000whp with E100 and what level of boost is required? Is that ~>1.5 atm of boost?

Best,
Kelly
Last edited by panterror
quote:
Originally posted by Panterror:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason S.: 1971 DeTomaso Pantera 377 c.i. Twin Turbo 1000+whp flex fuel capable. Flex fuel allows you to run ANY mix of pump gas to Pure E100...........Engine - 377 c.i. Cleveland, Aus 2v Ported heads.......10 to 1 compression, ........ in cockpit 5 position boost control with power ranges from 520whp to 1040whp

Sorry to hear your selling Jason. Sounds like a heck of a lot tune time and money invested there. By memory, I dont believe the system has a charge air intercooler and uses various ethanol/methanol injection schemes for detonation control (is that correct?). Just wondering what level of boost the control system prescribes for the various fuels and power levels. Seems that 10:1 is a pretty steep static CR compared to what seems to be the norm in boosted engines but then again it would only require very modest levels of boost to achieve the low end of HP range. Is it possible to be North of 1000whp with E100 and what level of boost is required? Is that ~>1.5 atm of boost?

Best,
Kelly

No intercooler on this car. The boost pressure is so low, that the inlet temps never get very high. Also, we mainly run E85 in the car, which cools the air temp drastically anyway. 10 to 1 is fine for 7 to 10lbs on pump gas, I have run as high as 14, but I believe that is pushing it a bit. The 10 to 1 compression works very well with the Ethanol content I run. To be totally honest, the car is quite a handful at power levels over 750 to the tire, and we ramp boost based on how fast the car is moving to make it more manageable.
with over 120K invested this must be hard times....looks to me more the right price for a decent stock car ? don't know the world of that far modded cars , perhaps lack of thrust ? small group ? seen it on the SRT10 forum, mostly they got it back to stock and selled the performance parts separetly which gave more cash in the end....myself had a new Roe Racing blower mounted,+ 10k , also didn't got a penny more for the car at the time.....and that was a recent car.... so the more, our panteras , of that generation, can best be kept stock for future value ... no ?
Belgiumbary
You can go too far with anything, and not see a return on your investment in the form of $$$dollars. Usually cars like this are not done with the intent of resale, they are done for personal pleasure. A slightly modded pantera with nice wheels, painted engine bay will bring more in than a stocker, but not enough to justify the expense just for resale.
Unfortunately Ebay is rife with bidders who have no intention of following through on the deal. They seem to ignore the fact it is supposed to be a binding contract and use it as a game. Ebay has little to now power to enforce and the bidders can be anywhere in the World.

Julian
At PI Motorsports, we use eBay! regularly but hardly ever sell a car on the auction website. We have had many deals fail to materialize when the buyer thinks he can now start inspecting the car and then refuse it or re-negotiate the price. The asking price on this car seems fair and if anything low but for eBay! the price is quite high in that most bidders hope to literally steal the car.
We have nearly a perfect record earned over 16 years selling Panteras and in sponsoring this Forum as well. We invite owners considering selling their cars to give us a call or drop us an email. We have proven repeatedly that even after our contingent fee is paid, the seller ends up with more than if they had tried to sell the car themselves and with far less grief. Checking our webpage at: www.pim.net you can see that some cars we have listed have sold in a matter of days or weeks. We would enjoy serving more DeTomaso Community and club members. Thank you, Dave Adler
Link copied to your clipboard.