Skip to main content

72-1/2 Pantera
Recent black paint. Mild steel flares
17" & 18" Wilkinson wheels w/new Pilot tires.
335-30-18 rears. Carbon fiber, front bumper, mirrors & wing. Corvette seats. Wilwood calipers. 4.6 Cobra motor, polished valve covers & injection, w/motronic engine management. 23 MPG. Stainless steel fire wall & fuel tank cover. To much to list. Car is completly sorted & dependable.
Asking $44,000.00. Phone Keith @
805-522-3854 please leave message. Can snail mail pictures.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by 13mm:
72-1/2 Pantera
Recent black paint. Mild steel flares
17" & 18" Wilkinson wheels w/new Pilot tires.
335-30-18 rears. Carbon fiber, front bumper, mirrors & wing. Corvette seats. Wilwood calipers. 4.6 Cobra motor, polished valve covers & injection, w/motronic engine management. 23 MPG. Stainless steel fire wall & fuel tank cover. To much to list. Car is completly sorted & dependable.
Asking $44,000.00. Phone Keith @
805-522-3854 please leave message. Can snail mail pictures.

Keith
I am in the middle of doing a modular conversion to my car. Do you mind if I ask you some questions about your motec engine management?
Please email me Pantera1683@aol.com
quote:
Originally posted by Highway Star:
Wow! I really like the 17"/18" wheel combination on this car!!

It's also a much wiser long term choice since 16" tire availability will eventually go away...much like our beloved 15" tires have.

The Fast One

Not so fast �Fast One�!

Go to this link at the tire rack for 245/40/17 front tires: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?startIndex=0&width=245%2F&ratio=40&diameter=17&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&speed_rating=VR&speed_rating=WR&speed_rating=Y R&speed_rating=ZR&x=17&y=11 Then click on the picture of the tire you like, at the next page click on the �SPECS� link, on the next page scroll down and look for your 18� matching brand back tire that should be in the 26.1 to 27� range (a 335/XX or 345/XX would be nice). What did you find? Try the same thing using a 245/45/ZR16 front tire and look for 335/35/ZR17s back tire. What did you find? Matching up front and back tires is not an easy task but for now the 245/45/ZR16 on the front and 335/35/ZR17 on the back provides a lot of brand options. This link has some really great information to help us with the tire dilemma http://www.panteracars.com/Goranwheels1.pdf Notice that smaller is better on the front and rubber band tires are not a good way to get there for street use!

Mike
Mike,
The 17/18 inch wheels do a much better of filling in the wheel wells than do the 16/17 combo..but more importantly, is the assurance that 17/18 inch tire sizes will be around for years to come!

It was difficult going through the demise of the 15inch tire size so it's something I do not want to go through again.

Blame the car manufacturers who have pretty much altogether abandoned the performance 16 inch tire size. The name of the game now is 17inch or higher. Hence, it's only a matter of time before the 16 inch tire faces a similar fate as the 15inch tire.

This time, though, I won't get caught holding a useless wheel, nor will I be forced to squirrel away discontinued tires sizes for unsafe future use.

The Fast One
Link copied to your clipboard.