Skip to main content

The price seems high (to me), but there's a '72 that just appeared on Craigslist near Toronto if it's what anyone is looking for.
I don't have any more info than is in the ad, but looks like there might be a chip in the paint near the right exhaust (the pipes are definitely not lined up). FAAAT tires though :-)

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/cto/913453108.html
The Kijiji ad has bigger images ...
Kijiji Ad

No mention of whether the A/C works or not ;-)
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've talked to the owner and he has sent me pics, VIN is 4384. Car came from FLA. Owner has owned for over 12 yrs, has over 100k invested sells for 73.4cdn. Body has been widened over 3 inches , motor has 302Boss heads and rated at 450HP. Tons of powdercoating.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Miami_Picture_185a
quote:
Originally posted by Denis C:
I've talked to the owner and he has sent me pics, VIN is 4384. Car came from FLA. Owner has owned for over 12 yrs, has over 100k invested sells for 73.4cdn. Body has been widened over 3 inches , motor has 302Boss heads and rated at 450HP. Tons of powdercoating.

If you have them it would be nice to see a couple side shots to see what he did to the fenders, Group 4, 5 or custom. Hard to see in those small craiglist photos.
I'll rephrase - the "price seems high to me" = "out of my league", but for the work that's gone into this, I hope he gets close to his price.
It's nice to see the rubber coming out to the edge of the flares, I've seen a few pics of cats where they've flared, but haven't found wide enough rims so the rubber seems to be inset 4-5 inches, this one looks like it was done right.
Is there any additional information this Pantera? Such as interior shots or more info on the body modifications? I tried to reach the current owner, but have not heard back from him.

I know this Pantera originally came from Florida...where I believe the original owner performed the body modifications.

Please chime in if you have more info on the car...!
This car just re-appeared on Kijiji in Toronto:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-car...o-W0QQAdIdZ109553751
He's lowered his price to $55K Canadian (around $45K USD or 35K EUR) at today's exchange rate.

Here's the text of the ad...
"Professionally resorted, pictures and bills available. this car is one of a kind and a must see. Body has been flared out and lowered. All inquiries please call Claudio at (416) 988-9384."
quote:
Originally posted by diversion:
I looked at and drove this car when it was still in Florida. The mods he made really are amazing; you have to look closely before all is revealed. The way the entire body was widened gives it such a different stance, but at first sight you can't put your finger on it.

And what was the quality of the car? Not just the metal work, but the entire car?
Will
Sorry I've been off this board for a while. I think the car was originally done right; the metal work seemed of very high quality, especially considering what was done. It definitely needs some updating, though. Paint chips, some minor bubbling, a crack where it slipped off a jack, the dangling exhaust, etc. Also I recall there was an issue with the title, where it was salvaged by an insurance company and subsequently pulled from the salvage yard for the restoration.
Link copied to your clipboard.