Skip to main content

I have a 73 Pantera L project car that I am thinking of selling.
The car is a solid western US car. There is no rust at all. The car does have fiberglass group 4 flares.
It had group 4 flares when I bought it and I removed them and bought new ones that I have temporarily placed on the car in preparation for bodywork.
The car was completely disassembled and the body has been stripped to bare metal. The undercarriage, front trunk, engine bay, doors everything stripped to bare metal without using starblast or rough media that will heat and warp panels. Plastic media was used. It looks like laundry detergent but it is plastic.
Happily, there was no rust anywhere, (desert car). I sealed the undercarriage with POR15 and then used a light coat of undercoating over that. The undercarriage looks very nice and is finished in satin black with a slight undercoat texture.
I did the same for the interior floor and it looks terrific. I sealed the wheelwells but did not undercoat them. I like the way the wheelwells look in satin black without undercoating. Once the risky bits were sealed, looking terrific and protected, I went to work on the suspension and brakes. I had all control arms powdercoated gloss black. I did the same with the
brake dust guards and backside of the spindles. I installed new poly bushings all the way around. I installed new ball joints all the way around. I Installed front camber locks. I rebuilt the rear uprights
using upgraded racing stub axles, new bearings/races/spacers and all new parts. I installed 1" longer wheel studs all the way around the car. On the front, I installed new billet IPSCO front hubs with
new races, bearings and all new parts. I installed new Wilwood 12.19 x 1.25 rotors all the way around with new hub-centric wilwood hats all safety-wired together.
I removed the brake booster and pedal assembly and installed a really, really nice Wilwood assembly from SACC restorations with Wilwood pedals and remote distribution block with the optional brake distribution controller that mounts inside the car.
I installed a brand new steering rack with new tie rods. I am in the process of installing a set of new ride tech coilovers now.
The car does have it's original 351C 4-bolt engine that is complete minus intake and carb. The ZF-2 is with the car and it is in good shape with no rust or problems. This is a great start to an incredible car.

The car will need to have the body and paint work completed. The car is in a white epoxy primer sealer so it will not rust. The interior is with the car and is complete but
will need to be restored as it spent time in the sun. The cooling system is there with the exception of the tubes that run under the center tunnel. The cooling tubes for the engine bay are with the car. I removed the center tubes as they needed to be replaced anyway and I was going to upgrade to stainless steel tubes.
The engine needs to be rebuilt. It is disassembled but it is with the car. The zf should be safety-wired and inspected by a qualified person, (this is always the case with any of these transaxles).
The front decklid is a fiberglass aftermarket unit. I have not purchased the front ride tech coilovers yet but will as soon as I determine the best spring rate.
The original wiring is in place but it will need a little attention. The good news is that it is pliable and hasn't been cut and spliced together. I consider this type of work, once again, part of any restoration to avoid gremlins. The brakes still need the wider calipers and the caliper mounting spacers for proper spacing.
The stock front hard lines in the trunk area and distribution block are still in place and will need to be rerouted to connect to the new distribution block that is on the pedal box assembly. The new pedal box is a dual master cylinder design with a new clutch master included. This car is a really nice roller. The suspension, steering and almost everyting with the brakes, (new parts and labor) is already completed. The brakes will not take much effort to finish. Just install the calipers, connect a few hard lines and bleed the system. Don't get me wrong, this car will take time and money to complete but there is a lot of
time and money in it already. The only reason I am considering letting the car go is that I already have a restored Pantera and I have other cars on my "wish list" that I could purchase turnkey. Then I could spend more time and money with my wife and doing things with the kids or just going to cruises. Maybe I am getting lazy or just old. Smiler
I am leaving for Europe in a couple of weeks so scheduling to inspect the car in person might be tight or will have to wait until I return in late June.
I am not trying to waste anyone's time so if I accept a real offer on the car then I will absolutely go through with the sale. If I don't accept an offer and decide to keep the car when I am on vacation, then I will keep it and let any interested persons know that the car is no longer available. PM me for more details about the car. The price will be in the 40k area but not much if any under. The car is #5715.

Thank you
Marc
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Throttled:
The car is a solid western US car. There is no rust at all. The car does have fiberglass group 4 flares.
It had group 4 flares when I bought it and I removed them and bought new ones that I have temporarily placed on the car in preparation for bodywork.
The car was completely disassembled and the body has been stripped to bare metal. The undercarriage, front trunk, engine bay, doors everything stripped to bare metal without using starblast or rough media that will heat and warp panels. Plastic media was used. It looks like laundry detergent but it is plastic.
Happily, there was no rust anywhere, (desert car). I sealed the undercarriage with POR15 and then used a light coat of undercoating over that. The undercarriage looks very nice and is finished in satin black with a slight undercoat texture.
I did the same for the interior floor and it looks terrific. I sealed the wheelwells but did not undercoat them. I like the way the wheelwells look in satin black without undercoating. Once the risky bits were sealed, looking terrific and protected, I went to work on the suspension and brakes. I had all control arms powdercoated gloss black. I did the same with the
brake dust guards and backside of the spindles. I installed new poly bushings all the way around. I installed new ball joints all the way around. I Installed front camber locks. I rebuilt the rear uprights
using upgraded racing stub axles, new bearings/races/spacers and all new parts. I installed 1" longer wheel studs all the way around the car. On the front, I installed new billet IPSCO front hubs with
new races, bearings and all new parts. I installed new Wilwood 12.19 x 1.25 rotors all the way around with new hub-centric wilwood hats all safety-wired together.
I removed the brake booster and pedal assembly and installed a really, really nice Wilwood assembly from SACC restorations with Wilwood pedals and remote distribution block with the optional brake distribution controller that mounts inside the car.
I installed a brand new steering rack with new tie rods. I am in the process of installing a set of new ride tech coilovers now.
The car does have it's original 351C 4-bolt engine that is complete minus intake and carb. The ZF-2 is with the car and it is in good shape with no rust or problems. This is a great start to an incredible car.

The car will need to have the body and paint work completed. The car is in a white epoxy primer sealer so it will not rust. The interior is with the car and is complete but
will need to be restored as it spent time in the sun. The cooling system is there with the exception of the tubes that run under the center tunnel. The cooling tubes for the engine bay are with the car. I removed the center tubes as they needed to be replaced anyway and I was going to upgrade to stainless steel tubes.
The engine needs to be rebuilt. It is disassembled but it is with the car. The zf should be safety-wired and inspected by a qualified person, (this is always the case with any of these transaxles).
The front decklid is a fiberglass aftermarket unit. I have not purchased the front ride tech coilovers yet but will as soon as I determine the best spring rate.
The original wiring is in place but it will need a little attention. The good news is that it is pliable and hasn't been cut and spliced together. I consider this type of work, once again, part of any restoration to avoid gremlins. The brakes still need the wider calipers and the caliper mounting spacers for proper spacing.
The stock front hard lines in the trunk area and distribution block are still in place and will need to be rerouted to connect to the new distribution block that is on the pedal box assembly. The new pedal box is a dual master cylinder design with a new clutch master included. This car is a really nice roller. The suspension, steering and almost everyting with the brakes, (new parts and labor) is already completed. The brakes will not take much effort to finish. Just install the calipers, connect a few hard lines and bleed the system. Don't get me wrong, this car will take time and money to complete but there is a lot of
time and money in it already. The only reason I am considering letting the car go is that I already have a restored Pantera and I have other cars on my "wish list" that I could purchase turnkey. Then I could spend more time and money with my wife and doing things with the kids or just going to cruises. Maybe I am getting lazy or just old. Smiler
I am leaving for Europe in a couple of weeks so scheduling to inspect the car in person might be tight or will have to wait until I return in late June.
I am not trying to waste anyone's time so if I accept a real offer on the car then I will absolutely go through with the sale. If I don't accept an offer and decide to keep the car when I am on vacation, then I will keep it and let any interested persons know that the car is no longer available. PM me for more details about the car. The price will be in the 40k area but not much if any under. The car is #5715.

Thank you
Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Throttled:

Thank you
Marc

Hi Marc,
I am very interested in your car #5715.
What state is the car located in? Can't get through all the photos on the previously posted link. Are all the small parts with the car, trim, etc.? I am a skilled parts designer / fab person and raced my own creation for about 14 years. I have been looking for a Pantera project for a while. If the car is still for sale, I would like to talk to you about it. Mike@arionaudio.com Thanks!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.