Skip to main content

It’s time I got serious about selling my Pantera. Compared to what I looked at when I bought the one I have, it’s in excellent condition. I am happy to take additional photos if you like. The ones posted at the following link were taken over the weekend. The car runs incredibly well and it will be hard to part with it. Everything listed below as new was replaced by me within the past 10 years. NO RUST. NO BUBBLES. Just a few stone chips because I drive it.

The car has not seen rain in 10 years. It gets washed once a year and it’s covered in a garage when not on the road. While the car was painted 10 years ago, it’s not showing any signs of age. If you are looking for a car you can jump in and drive any time and always count on getting you home, this is it.

Like most Pantera owners, I have tens of thousands invested that I will never see a return on my investment for but I have recovered ten times my investment in smiles. I will certainly miss all the times I have been stopped at the store, gas station, by police etc… because they didn't know what the car was or had always wanted one of their own… All Pantera's are cool and you will certainly have a lot of fun in this one!! I will consider driving the car to meet you within a reasonable distance because it will give me one more excuse to blast up the highway. :-)

Drop Box links to Photos - If you are interested, I can send more after we talk. Price is $46,900

https://dl.dropboxusercontent....9513114/IMG_0470.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent....9513114/IMG_0453.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent....9513114/IMG_0454.JPG

1974 Detomaso Pantera Vin number 07135

351 Cleveland bored and stroked to a 408
New roller rockers
New forged pistons
High torque starter and upgraded battery cables front to back
New MSD 6AL ignition with rev limiter
New MSD distributor
New spark plug wires
New 10-quart oil pan
Spicer chrome half shafts with new chrome grease shields
Polished aluminum intake
Re-jetted Holy carb with electric choke
Jet hotted and wrapped headers
Big bore exhaust installed and stock ANSA exhaust goes with the car
New oil cooler
New double oil filter
Original parts from engine rebuild go with the car
5-speed ZF transaxle with a solid second gear
Ford racing polishing aluminum valve covers plus the original Detomaso valve covers
K&N high performance air cleaner
New center console and gauge location so you can install a stander radio, covered in carbon fiber
New Clutch, pressure plate and TOB
Gas tank has been professionally restored and sealed and a custom heat shield installed
Removed front & rear bumpers with holes filled
Engine compartment - all undercoat removed, welds filled and body match paint
New deck lid pistons
Rear wing
Rear suspension chrome kit
Rear chrome sway bar
Late model rear tail lights
New custom center frame support for easy oil pan removal
Steel flares
8" front and 11" aluminum wheels with carbon fiber inserts and knock offs plus a set of four black powder coated center nuts that replace knock offs
Rear wheels fitted with new 335x35x17 rear tires
Carbon fiber mirrors
Fiberglass grates that replace rear windows for better engine ventilation
New Square Hella headlights - half lift
White Pantera gauge treatment
Wood grain dash and door panels
Carpeted panels installed under front hood
Billet & urethane shift trunion
Optima Yellow top with quick connect
New throttle cable with improved carburetor spring
Custom center console
Polyurethane bushings throughout
New Wilwood brakes
New break booster and master cylinder
New stainless break lines
New custom molded in front spoiler and new grill
Dropped floor pans
Entire under carriage has been treated with rust bullet
New alternator with integrated regulator and upgraded alternator charge wire
New tinted windshield
New anodized aluminum door handles
New polished aluminum swirl tanks replace stock steel tanks
New polished aluminum rear stress bar
New Fluidyne radiator
New fans and fan thermostat
New One-piece aluminum center pipes replace stock three-piece steel pipes
Extra aftermarket front bumper/spoiler combo
New Extra from spoiler
Original AC compressor and condensor
Three point harness for driver and passenger
Car cover
New custom air filter
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A very good looking Pantera! I like the fit and finish on everything that you have done to the car. The engine bay is clean enough to eat off of! Does everything that is vital to the car such as the engine cooling, ZF trans, HVAC, windows, heat,defrost, raising headlights etc. operate as they should? I ask this because I aim to purchase a Pantera that I plan on driving daily. Can you email me more photos? and send them to msignorelli@mail.com Much appreciated
You are right. Give me $80K cash and it's yours today. :-) Thanks for pointing out it should be sold at the price I am asking!

In all seriousness, I just put it on this site a week ago and the interest is high. Spread the word.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
I'm confused. Great looking Pantera with a lot of time and money invested in many of the right areas. All at a great price. Why is this car still on the market?

Mark

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.