Look, here is why the scammers set it up that way:
1. 3 day listing; gives them a better chance of getting a deal before being discovered
2. bidder's ID hidden; so no one can warn a bidder
3. Ship worldwide; because they will take anyone's deposit
4. large non-refundable deposit; because that is all they are after in the first place
5. Lack of knowlege about the car; almost always there is info about the marque that any owner would know is wrong, they just steel photos and throw up some information.
The last car I bought from EBay I did not even leave a deposit. I bid on the car knowing the next day I could drive to his house with a casheers check. I handed him the check, took the car at the same time (which was a 7hr drive away).