Skip to main content

Our thanks to Carmelo for an awesome job on the Canadian Pantera trailer. He made our dreams come true and we thank him and the guys at Inter Propane for their great work building this so all of us could ride in style.

Fortunately for us, Carmelo’s cat was all done and since he had nothing to do this winter but work, he entertained himself with the engineering and construction of a very solid and well designed transporter for 6 Panteras.

The tracks and fittings were made made to accommodate all of our early and late model cats.

Not only will this save us a lot of wear and tear, but now we can attend those more distant events and - our wives will have room to bring their stuff!

The trailer inside is just about complete. All that’s left to do is finish patching the top section then paint it all white, install the light fixtures and floor tracks. The lifts are great and work beautifully.

The exterior was being sandblasted today and prepped for paint and graphics next week. A new rear door, frame and plate are being worked on now.

Pocono will be our first event and we’re looking forward to it. Carmelo’s drivers will be on the road picking us up.

Door to door Pantera service. How cool is that?

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_1295
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Carmelo's buddy at Grand Prix Import got us a deal on these Technolifts. There are two at the rear of the trailer and at the front are fixed upper and lower rails.

We just bought the posts and rails system. The hydraulics are custom and run each unit independently.

Very solid and secure how it is installed. Each post is welded to the side plates. Angles connect each to the floor. And the the feet are bolted through the chassis. Carmelo did a super job with the design.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_1284
That is Very, VERY, cool.
If you guys are agreeable, that trailer could give us western guys at least a fighting chance of coming to Kingston. I'd love to talk about that possibility when you guys are here in June. Speaking of June, Deeb, do you know who is coming from the east?
I say again, what a great idea that trailer is !

Doug M
So dudes. Cats or no cats? A or B?

If you choose B, the cats will not be white but will be yellow, blue, red, etc. (Mark and I just happen to have a lot of white car pics around here).

But that also means we will rely on you to provide us with "super hi resolution perfect side view" images of your coloured cats - files that are big enough to produce giant vinyl panels.

Does anyone have such hi res images we can use?

Attachments

Images (1)
  • trailerAB
I like B
A great way to show that Canadian car guys know how to do it "right"
Proudly flying the maple leaf ain't a bad thing either

But seriously, doesn't it make you guys a little bit nervous that you're going to advertise to the world that this trailer is full of expensive cars? I might be slightly tempted to leave it looking like s**t on the outside so nobody gives it a second glance.
On the other hand, the graphics look awesome and the trailer probably won't be left unattended out in the open anyway.
What ever graphics are put on and where ever it goes it will certainly announce, proudly, that the Canadians have arrived.
I love it
Doug M
It's really crazy reading these posts. It sounds just like our own conversations every time we get together. Great minds...

Anyhow, Carmen has decided he wants cars on the outside. And its really his trailer. And since Mark has all the style and cool photos we leave it to him to pick the right shot.

As for Erik's comment, we had the identical discussion today - that we aren't the only Canadians with Panteras. Carmen wanted East Coast Panteras, but we're not on the coast. So Erik's Eastern Canada Panteras may be our only option. It just doesn't have a nice ring to it - yet. Any other ideas?

Too bad Carmen, the Italian, doesn't know what Scuderia means.

I like Mark's version too. It's funny how Mark always told me a "white car on a white trailer won't work," but when it's HIS white car, it works. Wink

Well, we need to get something done soon and since Mark will surely shoot some nice shots at Pocono, we can always make a new graphic when we get home.
All good comments. The plan is to get the cars together and do a proper shoot of all the cars specifically FOR the trailer. If it was my trailer, I wouldn't put pics on the sides either (same logic about the contents Doug) but it's not mine and my insurance is paid up, so what the hell. Plus, you don't want to mess with Carmen... Wink The scuderia is literally Italian for stable (as in Scuderia Ferrari or Scuderia Toro Rosso...) with an implication to racing (yes, horses not kitty cats...).

I'm leaning towards Eastern Canada Panteras or something similar. Keep those ideas coming! And Erik, even though we can't be there this year, we really want you guys to have a great gathering even so and work out all the details so when we come NEXT year, it will be spectacular.
All the suggestions are good. And yes, we do have cars that represent each model. I still like the side view for this type of application (here's a sample with colored cats – oops, we don't have a Targa). I'm sure Mark will be able to get prefect shots of us all somewhere in Pocono.

As for the name? Any other ideas?

Eastern Canada Panteras
Eastern Canadian Panteras
Eastern Canadian Pantera Owners
Eastern Panteras of Canada
Pantera Canada East
Canada Pantera (East)
Canadian Pantera East
Pantera Group Canada (East)
Pantera Owners of Eastern Canada
Pantera Canada Eastern Owners Group
Panteras of Eastern Canada
Pantera Owners Club of Canada

Attachments

Images (1)
  • side
I think you should stick with Canadian Panteras. It's carrying panteras from Canada. What difference does it make which end of the country they come from. I will not be offended, of feel left out just because I live in the west. Besides, some day, some year, I think it would be great to fill that thing with western cars and send them east to join some of your gatherings. Just my $0.02 worth.
Doug M
David,

From the guy that is still shamefully not on the road (but working on the car every day now !!) ....

I personally like "Scuderia DeTomaso, Canada E."

It is language neutral - whether French, English or Italian. (yes I know east - orientale)

Bohdan

P.S. As far as the current status of my car goes ...Maybe with the trailer, we can "roll it on" and "roll it off" Frowner
Well Bohdan, we're done with the name and the design. See enclosed latest art from Mark.

When the Western Canadian owners get their own trailer we'll change our name to Eastern something. Now they have an incentive. Roll Eyes

I'm going to see the trailer tomorrow and it will be going for graphics next week.

We have six in the trailer for Pocono, but if you want to roll it on and off we will make room for you. Let us know.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Picture_1
That graphic is amazing. It should go to all our events even if it has no cars in it. In fact it should have a second interior set up with a bar, BBQ, Satelite dish, VIP lounge with a few of Montreal's finest. Show the Americans what a real gentlemans(?) club is like. Or not Big Grin
I vote (do I have a vote?) for David's original option B, which is more dynamic, although you should use a more recent photo of David's car without the DOT railroad tie front bumper.

Great work, guys. The trailer will look like a million bucks no matter which of the graphic options you choose. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Link copied to your clipboard.