Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Pantera 4134:
Adams,
Very nice seats. Looks OEM. Now put them back in your beautiful stock Pantera.

Sell the Corvette seats and use the money to have a custom made green deTomaso logoed car cover !

Your smart- aze friend Jeff

Please quit calling them Corvette seats! They're "Pantera by de Tomaso Continuation Classics". Sheesh, don't you know anything?

I may indeed reinstall, but lordy the 'continuation' seats are some kind of comfortable. If I take 'em out, I'm making an office chair for me so I can daydream even more while at work.

You apparently haven't seen the steering wheel yet.
The Momo looks great. I am glad you took my suggestion to purchase it. I did not know that they made the Proto with silver spokes. It was the same version I had on #4060 back in the 70s.

PS: Take your OEM wheel and mount it on your desk at work. Buy a helmet and sit in
the Vette seat and make zoom zoom sounds. Your employees will think you have lost it!
Ladies when you are done...

So what is this again Hudson?

YI think you have Corvette seats in your Pantera, but I beleive they where upholstered by some-one, can not recall who.
What are you showing now? Your stock Pantera seats but reupholstered? I still have to decide on the seats and a member is selling vette seats, but I also like the stock ones even though they have not enough support...
For the moment I a in doubt on what to do.

Perhaps some more pictures miggt help ;o)

Thanks

Michel
The method to my madness -

My car is extremely original, and that's how I like it. No 'irreversible' mods, ever. Thus to briefly recap and make the seat-swap make more sense...

1. Engine mods were only for more reliable spark, better current flow, better exhaust breathing, better cooling. Contemplating a carb/manifold upgrade, but that changes the look too much.

2. Suspension and brake upgrades for safety and some adjustability, powder coated some parts for ease of maintenance. Installed factory 8s and 10s on the car.

3. Interior changes for better heat and sound insulation. Installed vertical radio, electric antenna. No cutting anywhere.

Seats got changed when my 'originals' went flat, and track rollers had collapsed. As those were apart, decided to upgrade to leather C4 Corvette seats in de Tomaso type pattern (by Gary Herrig).

Sent my old seats off to Scott Bell. Those are now perfect, in a box, for the next nut (maybe me!) to reinstall if desired. This is consistent with - -

My original 7s, 8s, and Arrivas are cleaned, painted, wrapped.

Original steering wheel pad (perfect) and wheel, cleaned and wrapped.

Original headers are nasty, but saved. I've got every bit that came off the car, easily reinstalled or as a historical reference if anyone cares.

So, that's my insanity defense as it stands.

I've repacked the 'renewed' originals. The new C4 seat photos have been posted before, and I'll stay with those for now.
I have the same approach to my car.
I believe you snapped the vertical Becker radio befroe my eyes on ebay.
So what do I do to get to your C4 seats. The gentleman that is selling them has half vinyl half cloth. Do I send them to Gary Herrig (who is that gentleman?) or has he developped the pattern and any upholsterer can do the job. My car is in Phoenix and the C4 seats are somewhere in the US....
What do you recommend in order to have the same look of your C4?

Michel
Well, let's rename that C4 silliness to their proper (as of now) name - The Pantera Continuation Seats.

I think I drove Gary nuts specifying the grain and the pattern I wanted, since my attempt was to emulate the originals, but do it in a way that wouldn't cause spinal damage like the originals. The effect, look, comfort is fantastic. (Gary, however, lost his patience with this job at the end. Not sure he'd build another set just like this.)

These seats slide and adjust for rake (only slightly though). The passenger seat is tight in my 74 because of the e-brake 'box' that sticks out of the tunnel. Not a big deal, but limits rearward travel somewhat.

I love them. There is NO COMPARISON to how these feel vs. the stock seats. You can do a search for Gary Herrig, or I can dig up the info later.

If I come to my senses about originality and decide to sell these, I'll contact you first.
Link copied to your clipboard.