Skip to main content

About a year ago, in the midst of a gas tank modification discussion, someone brought up the aftermarket techno product call Meter Match. Meter Match installs between the Pantera fuel sender in the oddly shaped Pantera gas tank and the Veglia gauge. Once installed and adjusted/calibrated the Veglia gauge is supposed to accurately reflect the tank volume.

The author commented that he had bought one and would install it and report back.

I am seeking the author and his report. Does it work as advertised?

Chuck Engles
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That would be me Smiler

I used the Meter Match to calibrate a VDO fuel gauge to the stock sender. It works as advertised and is VERY versatile. You can even calibrate reverse scale readings where the gauge reads opposite of the sender output.

The fundamentals is that you need to have two know conditions such as a full tank (easy) and an empty tank, or at least a known quantity at empty where you want the gauge to read E (tougher). You could drain the tank and add 5 gals for example.

The MeterMatch has some simple controls that allow you to adjust the needle position to the sender output condition. Microprocessors are magic.

Here is a thread where we talk about it:

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/...421034756#7421034756

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.