Skip to main content

These wheels are like old friends, I hate to part with them. They're beautiful 3 piece wheels, Etoile type 455's. But I just purchased a new set of HRE's, so the Etoile's must go.

Front: 17" x 9" wearing Dunlop SP Sport 8000 tires, 245/40ZR17. Total weight only 44 pounds.

Rear: 17" x 11" wearing Dunlop SP Sport 8000 tires, 315/35ZR17. Total weight only 51.5 pounds.

The tires still have some miles left on them, at least one season, depending upon how much you drive your car. As you know, 3 piece wheels are far more expensive than the cast/fordged/billet variety. They are lighter and stronger. I'm asking $2000 or best offer. That's about 30% the price of this set when they were new. This is a good way to move up to 17" wheels and tires without breaking the bank.

I would prefer a local sale, I will ship however as long as it is understood that the buyer pays for the 4 boxes & shipping.

PM me, phone me at 805-524-5248, or e-mail me at george at panteracars dot com.

cowboy from hell

Attachments

Images (1)
  • etoile_wheels
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The tires don't rub except for the peculiarities of my chassis, which are the left rear rubs the inner wheel well at full compression, the right front rubs the inner wheel well when cranked full lock in a right turn (i.e. parking lots only). The left front & right rear don't rub at all. Keep in mind my Pantera is lowered about as much as is practicle. This rubbing is a peculiarity of my chassis and no reflection on the design of the wheel, each Pantera's dimensions are a bit unique, there's no predicting where, if at all, these wheel/tire assemblies would rub on your car.

The wheels carry Kinesis serial numbers, they were probably purchased from Quella. The backspacing is 5 13/16" front, 6 1/2" rear.

Off set = (backspacing - 1/4") - (wheel width/2)

So I calculate an offset of 1.06" front, 0.75" rear.

To view some pictures of the wheels on my car, here's the original ad for my car from Pantera International's web site:

http://www.panteracars.com/mayberry6018.htm
Last edited by George P
In George's defense, not that he really needs it, 2511 had these exact wheels when I bought it.

They were from Quella, and they did fit just fine. No fitment issues - none.

I sold my set, with dry 6 year old 8000s that I didn't trust for high speed driving, for $2500 in the blink of an eye.

George's set, with tires that have been used and not left to die is well worth the $2000 he is asking.

Great wheels, just not to my taste.

Larry
I always thought the Etoli star pattern was a nice look for the Pantera, although I could be bias, they are on my orange L below. George, your original post with the 17" front and 17" rear almost looks like the rear are bigger for some reason (prefered if it is, giving a nice little forward rake). Someone on this board about a year ago was looking for Etoli 17".

ORNG UFO Front
Last edited by George P
quote:
Originally posted by Cowboy from Hell:
TTT

Still available

I am surprised they didn't sell yet. I always get people asking about my set on the orange car. are you sure the "wheels" are both 17"? I know the rubber is bigger on the rear, but looking at the wheels in your photo above, the rear wheel looks larger on the right vs the one on the left. Maybe it is the angle of the photo or something. I just measured both of mine, and although they are 17", the diameter is 18 & 1/2 on front and same on rear. Isn't that kind of odd? Maybe they measure where the inner lip is or something to get 17".
quote:
Originally posted by DOES 200:
...are you sure the "wheels" are both 17...the rear wheel looks larger on the right vs the one on the left...

Look carefully where each upright wheel is positioned in relation to the wheel that supports it. The rear wheel is about 8" closer to the camera than the front wheel. What you see is the effects of perspective. Objects further away appear smaller than objects that are closer.

cowboy from hell
quote:
Originally posted by Cowboy from Hell:
quote:
Originally posted by DOES 200:
...are you sure the "wheels" are both 17...the rear wheel looks larger on the right vs the one on the left...

Look carefully where each upright wheel is positioned in relation to the wheel that supports it. The rear wheel is about 8" closer to the camera than the front wheel. What you see is the effects of perspective. Objects further away appear smaller than objects that are closer.

cowboy from hell

Yea, that's what I was figuring...kind of like when taking photos of women straight on, similar effect.

Hang on to those things, I will relay buyers to you if I get any more folks commenting on my same wheels.
Link copied to your clipboard.