Skip to main content

I have decided to sell my beautiful 1974 Pantera after 13 years of ownership. I am the fourth owner and have a large folder full of receipts and documents from the second owner to present. The odometer shows 20,500 miles and based on the documentation, I believe that the mileage is correct. The third owner did a complete re paint on the car changing from the original red to the current bright yellow and painted the engine bay body color at that time.

Even though the paint is 14 years old it shows VERY well. In fact just last year, I won a “BEST PAINT” trophy at a car show. Speaking of car shows, this Pantera has won many best of shows and best of class awards over the years including a blue ribbon at the Meadowbrook Concours d’ Elegance.

This is a very nice and meticulously maintained Pantera. In all my years of ownership it has only seen rain twice and was never driven in the rain. It was always stored indoors and always hand cleaned. It starts right up every time, runs strong, and never overheats.

Here is a list of the major upgrades that were done during my ownership:

Fluidyne radiator installed in lay forward position
Two Spal sucker fans installed
Rebuilt front and rear brake calipers, also painted and detailed to show quality
Installed new Mustang vented front rotors
Installed new Wilwood master cylinder and proportioning valve
Installed new CNC clutch Master cylinder and stainless long throw slave
Installed new front and rear ball joints
Installed new Aldan adjustable coilovers
Rebuilt rear hub carriers (new bearings, new billet axels)
Rebuilt steering rack
Powder coated 8 and 10 inch Campys
Installed Pantera Electronics fuse box
Installed new Quick Fuel car
And a lot more

I really hate to let it go, every time I drive it I change my mind about selling, but I just don’t have the time to enjoy it like I used to so I guess it’s time to let someone else have a chance.

Priced at $59,900

Please let me know if you'd like to see more pictures or have any questions.

Thanks,
Ian

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1974pantera
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm going to point out the potentially obvious here to any who are seriously Pantera shopping -

If you found a Pantera that was essentially 'good' but not great for $35k, you could not come CLOSE to duplicating this car for the difference in price. Those on this board familiar with the level of time, dollars, and fanatically-spent weekends know this too well.

This car is priced very fairly, and should command a premium for the tasteful deviations from stock.
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:
It would have been the fastest and most beautiful car in the country.

El Presidente was probably jealous.

He didn't want to have to change his name from "Sebastián Piñera" to "Sebastián Pantera".

Sorry it didn't work out, but hopefully it will stay in the USA...

Rocky

Hahah. Thats funny. It's possible to send me that picture, "Calle del Pantera"?

I will soon start the restoration of my 71 (1685). I will try to get it back to the original look.

Regards Ricardo

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.