Skip to main content

I have a set of 285/40 vr15 that I am trying to sell along with a set of 345/35 vr15, both Pirelli P7's - never been used (slight weathering) - Is there anyone that could possibly educate me on these tires, and what would be a fair price to ask for them? I'd appreciate any help, and apologize for my "ignorance". Thank you, Sinclair
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

just what i need for my car. dont know what a fair price is though. trouble is im rebuilding my car in saudi arabia and the logistics of getting them to me would cost more than the tyres.........unless you know different. can you find out what dhl would charge to send them here ?
What would a fair price be? Tough question. The only source of 285's I know of in the entire world is now the remenants of the 1000 that Yokohama made a couple years ago, and those are selling for roughly $400-500 per tire. These are with the Swedish DeTomaso club, so the price goes up every time the dollar takes a hit against the Euro.

Rear tires - I bought a bunch when the Tire Rack was getting rid of their 345-35-15's, and paid $107 per tire. Pirellis were roughly triple the price, and my experience has been that the Pirellis don't last nearly as long. So if you want a new rear tire for your wide body car, figure $350 per tire.

There are very few reference points to establish a fair price, I'm afraid. A price that you can live with, knowing that you don't need the tires, and that someone else is willing to pay.

One VERY important piece of information is the manufacturing date code of the tires. If I happened to be in the market for those tires and they were more than 5 years old, I wouldn't buy them regardless of the price.

I had a brand new, with the little rubber nipple things still attached, Pirelli P7R explode on me less than 50 miles after installation. The tires were 8 years old. Oh, and I paid $300/tire. That was 2001 or so. If the tires are more than 4-5 years old, regardless of how they were stored, I'm afraid that they have lost much of their value. In my case, they had dried and cracked between two treads. Fortunately I wasn't going very fast.
Link copied to your clipboard.