Skip to main content

Ok followers of this forum should check out the Clevor build in the April 2006 issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

Rich Holdener builds a 408 cubic inch Clevor using the 3V CHI alloy cleveland head and makes 660hp on 91 octane.

Even better is the torque curve which is over 500 ft lbs from 2500 to 6500. Peak torque was 595 ft/lbs and peaked at 5200.

Now who would not want that kind of mill in their Pantera?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Richard Holdener builds a Clevor? What is the world coming to? Has the temperature in hell dropped recently too?

lol.................

Good news Chris, thanks for bringing that to our attention, I'll have to pick a copy up.

Does anybody want to argue that there isn't new interest in the Cleveland motor? Richard Holdener influences more buying decisions than anybody in the world of Ford Performance.

Your freind on the DTBB, George
Doug - There are quite a few owners close to Suffern. Most of us are in Jersey Panteras. If you are not a member you should join.

Accobra is a member, he owns a black L.
There are two members in Paramus, one owns a yellow 72, the other a red 87 narrow body GTS
There is a memeber in Upper Saddle River with two cars a red 71 and a silver 72, and one more member in the area with a grabber blue gts.

And then there is me with my 73 Euro GTS in red and black.

I had an engine pulling party last fall and something like 12 members showed up to help. We had the engine out in like 90 minutes.

We also just had a luncheon a couple of weeks ago followed by a closed door discount shopping session at one of our sponsors, Bruce's Speed Shop.

You are missing out on a lot of good stuff if you are not a member. Just check out the website and download the membership form if you are interested in joining.

www.jerseypanteras.com
Chris,

Who's building this hypothetical motor? Wouldn't be someone like Dave Storlein would it? He, he, he ...

You're in the ball park, 600 to 620 bhp. More power than I would advise anyone to make with a production block. You know me, I'm conservative, I think 500 bhp is plenty, my gosh! The ZF is going to fail eventually when asked to transmit 600 bhp to the wheels.

I ask please don't take my advice wrong, I never intend to discourage anyone from their plans, only to warn them of the consequences. I'm here to help anyway I can, lord knows, I'm a gear head, I would love to go for a ride in your 620 bhp Pantera! Waaaaahoooooooo!

Your friend on the DTBB, George
DJEZC ??? Who Panteradoug, my Steel Guy and A Customer ???

Well Panteradoug ??? Thats up to him if he wishes to join NJ Pantera ... its a great club by I have to admit the events are a little far for me ?? I suggest when they have an event they turn North and look !! LOL

My Steel Guy and Customer ? I just know the cars are there but they sit in garages... matter of fact one is about 15 house away from you by the Public Pool.

R
Link copied to your clipboard.