Yep, the price is .......Obscene.

Additionally, I find the overly complex design of the three spokes to be far too "busy" for the rest of a Pantera interior.

And just because I'm already bitching, the machined center Looks like something that would come out of a high school shop and find a home on some neon colored ricer.

Last, well actually I could go on and on, the photography is amateurish and far too dark while the convex rather than concave form of the spokes is, shall we say, something you don't see too often?

I'll pass.

Larry

Maybe the photos are so dark in an effort to actually hide the true design of this wheel?

Attachments

Photos (1)
I agree that the price is "obscene" and so I won't be buying one anytime soon. However, I think is a nice modern interpretation of the original. I guess it would have been faster and cheaper to just mold another plastic re-pop and be done. Not chips style I guess.
quote:
Originally posted by ZR1 Pantera:
quote:
the machined center Looks like something that would come out of a high school shop and find a home on some neon colored ricer.


Good one!!!



Maybe you can find a steering wheel from
a Chevy that fits.

Now that would be awesome
quote:
Originally posted by Pantera 4134:
quote:
Originally posted by ZR1 Pantera:
quote:
the machined center Looks like something that would come out of a high school shop and find a home on some neon colored ricer.


Good one!!!



Maybe you can find a steering wheel from
a Chevy that fits.

Now that would be awesome
quote:
Originally posted by ItalFord:
I agree that the price is "obscene" and so I won't be buying one anytime soon. However, I think is a nice modern interpretation of the original. I guess it would have been faster and cheaper to just mold another plastic re-pop and be done. Not chips style I guess.


I want it cnc cut out of magnesium and painted Ford Argent to make it look like the Campi's. Concave, not convex spokes.

The hub can be bolted on by five DT monogramed mini wheel lug nuts.

Anyone could see the intent there.

This one is too Foosie.
quote:
Slightly off subject, does anyone know of a re-pop of the original center cover being offered?


Tara said they intend to have more made. But,IIRC, the maker died and whether they can get any more supplied is up in the air.

I do have two Capri center pads in very nice condition. Same overall shape and look, BUT....

The three spokes on the Capri are smooth. They do not have the triangular indentations found on the Pantera pad.

And of course they have/had a Capri center emblem. Hall does offer a replacement Pantera emblem.

Larry

Attachments

Photos (1)
My apologies for my snarky response. If you don’t like the wheel or feel it is overpriced there are lots of other options available to you. PIM obviously thought enough of it to offer it to the Pantera community.

However, I find it surprising how anyone could make fun of anything done by Foose. Chip Foose is arguably one of the top designers today. He does tasteful mod/redesigns of many classic cars. Always with respect to the original design. His Pantera was /is IMHO a modern tribute to Tom T’s original design. Foose’s Pantera has done a lot to shine a positive light on the Pantera, show casing it to a younger generation who possibly did not even know of its existence. A far more positive exposure than many of the Panteras butchered by the likes of Gas Monkey and others. And Chip even kept the “Cleveland” !

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post
×
×
×
×