Skip to main content

The AZ POCA crew had a blast for the Tucson Classics Car show, and the after party.

At the Tucson Classics show we had a good showing (4 cars, 8 owners). Cars in attendance were:

• Dave - '72
  • Chuck - '73 L
  • Gil - '72 L
  • Jerry - '74 L

Afterwards - we went to the home of the AZ POCA VP, and had a great Italian Extravaganza. We were joined by members of the FIAT club (Fun Italian Automobiles of Tucson), as well as the "Car Guyz" - a long established group of aficionados from the Tucson area.

We had a ball, holding forth, enjoying a beautiful evening with good food and good friends.

The evening festivities were a little too much for my point and shoot camera, but there were lots of people snapping pictures. The after-event turnout was AWESOME. We had a bunch of great cars, we filled up the cul-de-sac. Never in the history of my neighborhood has there been such heavy metal greatness. Here's a picture of the Panteras - more pictures to follow.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_3739_(Medium)
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

More Pictures....

Pictures provided by the FIAT (Fun Italian Automobiles of Tucson) Group...

Tucson Classics Car Show

These pictures focus on the Italian aspects of the show. The silver Daytona is a friend of ours - it's a very nice car (you should see his other one!).

Link to FIAT "Tucson Classics Car Show"

Tucson Classics Car Show After-Party

These pictures were from the get-together after the show. A good time was had by all.

The photography was a little challenging, because we were all "parched" after sitting out in the sun all day, and more concerned with "rehydrating" when we first arrived.

Once we realized we better take some pictures, the sun was on it's way down!

Link to FIAT "Tucson Classics Car Show After-Party"

This get-together was really like those parties after the Oscars, where only the selected "glitterari" are invited... It was really a high-brow, exclusive event (see those paper plates?)
Tajon -

As in the title - the event was "Super Awesome".... The highlight was a "play by play" discussion (by John) of the '68 Le Mans race. In that one, the GT-40s won by 32 miles.

I hope in a few months, we can get the club together for a viewing of the '69 race, in which the lead (between the Fords and the Porsches) were changing 3-4 times per lap, and Jacky Ickx's GT-40 won in the last 120 meters. To sit and watch the film, and hear "play by play" by someone who lived and breathed it is really incredible.

The whole event was very fun, not to be missed.

Rocky
quote:
As in the title - the event was "Super Awesome".... The highlight was a "play by play" discussion (by John) of the '68 Le Mans race. In that one, the GT-40s won by 32 miles.

Is this John Horsman from Tucson? He was part of the Gulf GT40 team and has a great book, Racing In The Rain, with a picture and credit to me of one of the cars I painted on page 388. Great guy with LOTS of knowledge!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.