Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mark,
The tank is steel....But my car is a '72 Euro Pushbutton...It is a hybrid of 71 and 72 parts...later style seats, later style bumpers, Dash 2 ZF....Gary Hall told me only a few cars were made like this....The vin indicates the body was built in February of '71 but I have a letter from the factory saying the car was completed in November of '71 and sold new in Italy in June of '72. Weird Huh?

Angelo, I'll be back to FL in March....We'll have to get together....
Last edited by ctpantera
I just got back from Palm Beach. I had the pleasure of meeting Brian's dad. He took the time to show me around his "dream car" garage.

He's no rookie, having built some pretty awesome cars over the years. His latest one is a GT5 conversion from a stock '71. He did all the body work and paint him self - in his garage. He got the steel flares from detomaso and did a beautiful job. It's a gorgeous colour - a sparkling cream color multi-coat with a luxurious new tan leather and polished wood interior. One of a kind for sure.

I can't wait to see Brian's car when they're finished with it. Pretty impressive that Brian drove it all the way to FL from CT. I don't know if I would ever have the guts to try that.
quote:
Originally posted by Pantera/Prowler:
UPDATE....NEW PICS ADDED

The engine compartment has been smoothed and painted.....

Still no word on my ZF....

Engine will be back in soon.....

Great pics with the newly done engine. Really looking super. Thanks for including us in the updates! Your dad's work is mighty enviable. That car is going to be great, and in my estimation, THE showcase of all the other cars he's got on the website!

Thanks again,
Link copied to your clipboard.