Skip to main content

firstly, i'd like to thank everyone for the kind words and wishes. i'm feelin much better. i've decided to look very serioucly into fixing #7001. my other option is to part it out.
having someone else fix it and try to sell a wrecked car was never an option.
she is(was) a beautiful black 74l with bone stock looks, full chrome, all the right mods and 10" campys (some may know this car from the pantera burnout video).
i was moved when i clicked on today and saw antal's black interceptor. wow. i'm seriously considering having 7001 stripped and rebuilt using that car as it's inspiration. it would be a slower rebuild and i'd still have my p-car. owning one of these cars is a pleasure for me whether it's on the road or not.
my computer knowledge kinda sucks so i can't seem to attach a photo but i would be more than happy to send photos to each and every single person who asks. gives me something to to since i'm still off work.
thanks again to everybody for the advice pertaining to this matter, it will always be appreciated, anyone can e-mail me at andrewmik@hotmail.com for photos.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Andrew,
Glad to see you haven't given up on 7001 just yet. I'm currently in the process of repainting 6808 in black with chrome trim, I'd like to see your before photos (the sick part of me wants to see the accident photos). Start your parts wish list, I'm sure you can find most of it on this board.
Regards Mark
mvac@znet.com
Andrew
Tom B from Cambridge Ontario had Kirk Evans from Ohio build his car for him a number of years ago. The car in a trailer later had a seroius accident coming back from Vegas and Kirk bought it from him to repair it.
Let me know and I can put you in touch with Tom and get his opinion. He had before and after photos of all the work Kirk did on his car. I thought he did a great job.
GEORGE
email frescura@rogers.com
hey buddy
its wayne if you want to ill help you rebuild your pantera mine is done just minor touch ups.
bring it over we can have it done for next spring. if not i need your swaybar bracket and bushings...lol...call me ....lets hit the pub!.
ps i got my new clutch slave cylinder im back on the road. your friend wayne

Attachments

Images (1)
  • pantera_002
Your question:

quote:
Originally posted by WannaSpoon:
...Andrew, could you confirm the vin number of your old car for me...

Andrew's original post, at the very top of this page, dated 8/10/05

quote:
Originally posted by canadian andrew:
...i've decided to look very serioucly into fixing #7001...

From the eBay auction

quote:
eBay motors item number 120137380520:
...VIN Number: THPNNE07001...
Last edited by George P
hi guys, thanks mark for contacting me. yup that's my old car. i got paid out 50k bought it back for 5 then i was going to part it out but i realized that being in the parts business for me was like having a pain in my ass. so i sold it complete to a guy from south florida on ebay. i told the guy that the pantera guys know the car and if he was trying to fix and flip, he'd be screwed. looks like the guy he sold it to in cal. is. the guy in fla. told me he wanted to fix it and keep it because he loves panteras so much... whatever, sounded like a car salesman to me. by the way that car's frame is rotten too, ha ha ha.
see you guys when i get my gt5 clone.
andrew
Holy cow, folks I gotta say I am spooked! I looked at this car today, as it was only 2 hours away from me, here in Reno, NV. I noticed that some work had been done in front of the driver's door, but never would have guessed it to be that severe. Sticker on the window said they were asking $35K! Panteras are expensive enough without getting burned. Glad you guys spoke up on this one!
Chuck Melton & LF-TP2511 get all the credit. Chuck was the first to recognize the total loss being auctioned on eBay, LF placed the eBay auction for the "before picture".

These two gents are two examples of why this community of owners is so bitchen to be associated with.

Watching out for the interests of Pantera owners & sharing information were the reasons the Pantera International Car Club was established 34 years ago, and its wonderful to see this forum being utilized to further that mission.

Thanks to all.

cowboy from hell
quote:
LF placed the eBay auction for the "before picture".

And ebay just removed that listing.

I guess I violated their policy -

-Listings with the apparent, primary purpose of expressing the seller’s personal views
-Signposts – listings primarily meant to direct a user to a seller’s store or other listings

I had included the sellers auction number and I think that is what got it removed.

I imagine the seller caught wind of it and threw a hissy fit.

It is already relisted in, I think, an allowable manner.

Larry
Reserve is met now at $23k. Just under three hours to go before someone is the unfortunate new owner of a polished turd. Too bad.

This car is on another for sale site (collectorcartrader.com I believe) for an asking price of around $32k. Small difference....

Being actively in the market, watching this unfold and knowing that I could easily be the high bidder; I must say that this site has more than paid for itself.....

Miles
Last edited by fahrenheit351
quote:
Holy cow, folks I gotta say I am spooked! I looked at this car today, as it was only 2 hours away from me, here in Reno, NV.

You just missed a fine example for sale locally, totally unmolested car. Sent you a PM about Reno-Tahoe Pantera's POCA Chapter.
quote:
Originally posted by LF - TP 2511:
Remember this VIN guys, and when it shows up at a show, at least let the poor guy know what we know.
Larry

This whole thing got me thinking. A lot Panteras have an interesting and varied past. Just in the last 8 mos or so since I've been involved I see the same cars but each owner does things their own way and the Panteras usually reflect this. Colors change, motors change, heck even body styles change. A car can be a wreck one year and next year its as if nothing happened. I'm starting to log the vin# and photos (front, side, back, rt quarter, lft quarter, interior, engine) of the cars I come across along with the date the photos were taken. This photo registery will be a time capsule for each car. Might be interesting to see a car ten years from now and look back on what it used to look like (okay so maybe I'm weird).
Link copied to your clipboard.