Skip to main content

Hello everyone. I live very close to Sears Point Raceway in CA.

I am hopefully buying a race car in a few weeks from a fellow in Socal. It's supposed to be a well known car at Willow Springs.

I'm hoping maybe someone might know about this car and have any information on it that might help inmy decision to buy the car.

I'm planning on tracking the car at Sears Point and Autocrossing it as well.

Any help would be appreciated, I don't have the VIN, but I have a pic.

If this post is in the wrong thread, please could it be moved to the correct thread?

Attachments

Images (1)
  • pantera1
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

I just checked my communications and it IS Jim Saxton's old car, although now owned by who I'm buying it from.

I'd love to find out as much as I can about this car, any pics, opinions, anything.

Thanks again. Mike

quote:
Originally posted by Bosswrench:
Impossible to ID just from paint & wheels. But it sort-of looks like Jim Saxton's car from many years ago. However, paint & wheels change daily on these machines. You'll HAVE to get the serial from the owner.

Once the serial is known, lots of help will be available. Till then - nice car.
Car constructed in the mid 90's by Mike Cook, and Jim may have changed the Cleveland for a NASCAR engine, but not positive. Jim told me he had made a number of changes to make the car handle much better at the track, but did not go into detail. Hard to find a better person or car owner. Always believed in first class cars and parts. Best to locate and talk to Jim, he once could be contacted at www.westcoastracing.com. Good luck.
Are you trying to sell the car? I am just curious... Not in the market, but I just assumed that the car was still owned by the guy who was mentioned in the threads above.

@@@@ update @@@@@

I see that Mike said the car had a different owner than Jim Saxon - I missed that earlier

@@@@

The pictures of your car are really cool.

We lived in Rosamond for 5 years, and had a lot of fun watching the track events there.

Rocky
Last edited by rocky
I bought the car from Jim Saxton about 10 years ago.
No , the car is not for sale at this time.
Mike was introduced by another friend, and was interested in it,but I really wasn't ready to sell ,because I had pulled the tranny to replace the input shaft seal , and I have not had time to get it back together.
I will probably put it for sale in a couple years.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.