Skip to main content

I always thought that the '74 US GTS cars came with these wheels as standard.
The Ford-L/M-Detomaso parts book that I "had" never showed a listing for them, not even an acknowledgement that they existed.
Ever time I see a GTS list I look for these wheels first.
I can't find any that have them.
I thought that I read that there were 75 '74 US GTS cars delivered. That would mean that there were at least 150 made.
I have a set on my car which I beleive to be "original".
They say detomaso 15 x 10 Csmpsgnolo on them, and all of the triangular "gusset" plates come to the same point on the wheel.
Others I have see do not say Detomaso on them and the gussset plates are staggered short, long.
Since I am a new member here, I do not know if this has been discussed before.
Can someone enlighten me on the subject?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The US spec 74 GTS cars were exactly the same as the regular 74 L cars with the exception of the riveted flairs, the blacked out hood and deck lid, and the striping on the side. The wheels were the regular 7 and 8 inch Campys with Arriva tires. Engines and suspension were the same, too. So what you get with a US spec GTS car is a slightly heavier L model with a different paint job and stripes, and a VIN number that identifies it as a GTS. Because of the rarity, these may have better resale values, particularly if they are bone stock.

BTW, some of the GTS cars were re-titled as 73s for the California market.

Jeff
oops that didn't turn out right. My computer is refusing to cooperate on the picture size change. You'll have to look in my pictures to see the difference. Sorry editors I can't get them doen to 300mb.

Doug, the picture you posted above was a bitmap file, I opened it with microsoft "paint" and saved it as a jpeg file. I then uploaded back to your post. JPEG will compress the data and make it small enough to upload. You've seen some of the large collages of pictures I am able to upload, that's all done using JPEG. Please see my post regarding uploading photos. George
Last edited by George P
Link copied to your clipboard.