Skip to main content

Himark,
Did you own your Pantera in 2002? I was up in Lincoln for the start of the HotRod Power Tour that year & cruised on their first leg of the tour to Kansas City. Saw another Pantera there but never could locate the owner before we hit the road - maybe it was you? Nice Town!
I'm no expert as I just got here, but it looks like it has had a re-spray. It doesn't appear that they did the jams as they don't quite seem to match.

I too am interested in the car although it is a little sooner than I expected. My biggest fear is rust (of course). Can you tell me anything about the rust situation or should I just talk to the owner. Thanks.
Ok here goes. I have spoken with the previous owner and he recommends the following.

The steerin rack needs work. Evidently one of the backing plate hold down bolts is stripped. This could just be a matter of inserting a helicoil and reshimming.

He thinks the car has been lowered in the past and says the new owner should bring the car back to spec ride height or install a bumpsteer kit.

The car has steel Koni shocks all around that have sen very little use. Jeff reccommends that these be rebuilt/replaced as they are starting to stiffen up. New shocks and springs to your specs are $979 to your specs from PI Motorsports porovided you are a member.

Even though the car has two remote oil filters Jeff reccomends getting rid of one as it is overkill for what most PCar owners would need and just adds mess and expense. He said he would also get rid of the front mount oil cooler and install something like the fluidyne Water/Oil cooler thats more contemporary.

As for the fuel system goes he would eliminate the electric fuel pump and just install a high volume cam driven pum instead.

The bushi8ngs are in fact poly but need to be greased as they are starting to sqeak a bit from non use.

On the interior side of things there is a missing armrest plug on one of the doors that covers the attachment bolt. both of the window regulators have been rebuilt with bronze gears which most everyone knows is a neccesity. The headlight regulator was treated to the same as well however Jeff says the headlights were having issues when he sold it to Paul.

Wile we are at the front of the car Jeff says the cooling fans could use a relay kit installed. I am no expert on early cars but I guess this on has the fans run off the thermo switches. I do have a set of clean relays from a 74 that the happy new owner can take.

The inner fender covers were removed sometime in the past for more airflow through the engine compartmentand I think they are long gone. Jeff says the only visible rust is inside the engine compartment on the passenger side where the inner side frame rail meets theback side of the door jamb. Right where all the trash sits and keeps water from drying out, provided you drive it in the rain.

Oh and on a side note the car has a complete set of spherebar bushings installed

All of this information cam from The former owner Jeff who is a good frind and I do trust. My eyes are just gettin to the poitn where they are working properly again and I have off work till tuesday so I will make an effors to check the car by then. Thank you everyone for your Patience.

Blaine
Link copied to your clipboard.