Skip to main content

I am in the process of parting out a 1974 Pantera. After this is done, I will be selling off the stripped body as a whole unit.

The pantera was involved in a front end collision. The front end is totaled. The shock from the front end has tweaked the car to the rear of the doors. This is what I see as salvageable:

Drivers Door Small dent to the lower rear area looks easily repairable. Comes with all windows, tracks, and motor

Passenger Door Doesn’t look damaged at all. Comes with all windows, tracks, and motor

Drivers Quarter Panel Small dent above fender lip and probably be massaged out with minimal body work

Passenger Quarter Panel Small dent near rear of fender lip looks easily repairable

Rear Hood Looks perfect except for some small scratches on the rear edge, includes hinges

Engine compartment wheel wells They both look good.
Rear tail light area No damage looks good

Rear suspension A-arms. shocks

Left Front Suspension Undamaged, complete except for brakes

Rear Bulkhead glass Undamaged, rubber looks good

Wiring Harness minus the fuse block

Any part of the rear frame from the firewall back

Fiberglass trunk tub

Title for the car is clear and NOT a salvage, the insurance company never took posession of it

I am not an automotive body expert, but this is what I see. I don’t see any major rust in the rear area, surface rust if anything. The front section has rust from exposure of the bare metal for a year after the crash while it was being stored. The back section looks solid. Any repair needed for the above listed panels appear to be very minor. The 1974 chassis has 44,000 original miles on it. You can see it on my web site under the "barn yard finds" section:

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/dyogi/

There is no transmission or engine included with the chassis but the 351 Cleveland can be negotiated into the sale. The engine has 44,000 miles and ran like a champ. After sitting almost a year in storage after the crash, it started on the first try and ran smooth and smokeless. The engine will be sold as a long block. I also have Hall big bore headers and mufflers that can also be negotiated into the sale.

I have been getting calls from people looking for specific parts. I am selling this as a whole and will not part out the body. I’ve been told that a quarter panel sells for about $1500 to $1800. A rear deck lid sells for $2000 to $2500. Wheel houses for $400 each. I have not gotten prices for complete doors. I am open to offers, if no satisfactory one comes in, it will hit the Ebay train. You can reach me at (808) 782-1545 or Email me for more information.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Dennis
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Doug,

There are a few of ZF's around if you look and wait for the right one. As always, how much do you wanna spend?

One on eBay right now with 3 days left and at present it's still under a grand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...ageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I know our local POCA Prez here in Reno has one at RBT, it's stripped and he is selling it rebuilt by Lloyd to std specs for around $5K. You could opt to have Lloyd put in the tall 5th or change the ring & pinion whiel building. For more info and his contact e-mail me.

Julian
Link copied to your clipboard.