Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I remember when that first aired as well. Looking at it again I now realize that was made during what is now thought of a the "pinnacle" of Countach production by many, most of the cars in that video are the rare downdraft carborated quatrovalve engines, 5 litre-4 valve performance with the weber feel. Note however these cars are also of the "second generation" body and suspension design. The ride height increased one inch (for improved "drivability") and the roofline was raised an additional one inch (for improved head room). Put one of these next to one of the earlier "Cannonball Run" era cars and the differences are dramatic.

For those who have never experienced an Italian V-12, I recommend you put it on your list of to-do's. The powerband and rpm range is sooooooo different from most engines. I can only speak from my experiences in a Countach LP400S, anything under 3500 and it loades up, about 5000 the power starts to show up, highway happy cruising is 7000, and it starts to let you know it is "unhappy" at about 9000. A very different breed indeed.
quote:
Originally posted by ParaPantera:
...anything under 3500 and it loades up, about 5000 the power starts to show up, highway happy cruising is 7000, and it starts to let you know it is "unhappy" at about 9000. A very different breed indeed.

quote:
Originally posted by DeTom:
AWESOME!!!!

also very unhappy stuck in stop and go traffic.

the cowboy from hell
Link copied to your clipboard.