Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes, this is the second 80's DeTomaso they've had in recent weeks. First one sold so fast at $47k the salesguy has jacked the price up on this one. Car is stock, no upgrades. Salesguy looking for a "discriminating collector who can appreciate this stock quality car." He practically gagged when I mentioned making recommended upgrades. No rust, low miles, brandy snifter not included.
I am the guy that got the red 1986 GT5-S
@ $47,000. Mine was a clean, low milage car.
As to the GT-5 now shown, if it is an original 3,000 mile car, why the aftermarket wheels? This question begs some reflection.

quote:
Originally posted by Cousteau:
Yes, this is the second 80's DeTomaso they've had in recent weeks. First one sold so fast at $47k the salesguy has jacked the price up on this one. Car is stock, no upgrades. Salesguy looking for a "discriminating collector who can appreciate this stock quality car." He practically gagged when I mentioned making recommended upgrades. No rust, low miles, brandy snifter not included.

------------------
quote:
Originally posted by phill1:
I am the guy that got the red 1986 GT5-S
@ $47,000. Mine was a clean, low milage car.
As to the GT-5 now shown, if it is an original 3,000 mile car, why the aftermarket wheels? This question begs some reflection.

PHILL. IF YOUR CAR IS THE ONE I AM THINKING OF IT BELONGED TO AN OLDER MAN
[70'S] AND HE WAS THE ORIGINAL OWNER.
FROM PATCHOGUE L.I.
The Internet Nazi's firewall at work prevents me from seeing the pix, but going to aftermarket rims may be a reality ALL widebody car owners will face some day due to lack of tires for the stock rims.

If he went to larger rims, I wouldn't think twice about the "why", because tire choice and availability is much better. There simply aren't any front tires available new from any source. If he put aftermarket 15" rims on, then it is a good question as to "why"...

------------------
Charlie McCall
1972 DeTomaso Pantera #3847 (for sale)
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness across Europe"
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/gt5s_1985
Link copied to your clipboard.