Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A Pantera that has been stripped and undergone a bare metal restoration is the same vehicle whether it is located on the left coast, right coast or middle earth.

The recession does not know geograhic boundries. IMHO, and IF the cars are as nice as described, the asking prices (specifically the red vehicle) reflect economic reality and that includes SoCal.
While what you say is true, the fact is Califonia folks has more money. They buy houses costing half a million bucks. Peeps in back in the woods can score that kind of green. No way can we afford half million dollar anything. Just face it, you left coast guys have more money than you know what to do with. So you can afford to pay more for Panteras out there than us back woods folks do here.
There was a guy on here from Minnisota who sold his car and he was on here bitching about how he coulda got ten grand more if he had just been able to sell it in Califonia. Problem is, how can you get your car to Califonia to sell it??? Pay someone ten grand to haul it out there.
I been thinking about this a lot. Cause I think what I could do is buy Panteras out here in the boonies, drive them back to California, sell them there, and then go back into the wilds to capture another one. Sort of like a hunter sort of thing. I could call it DeToms Safaris Unlimited.
quote:
Originally posted by four walling:
I wonder if the red car is a grey market vehicle. That would seriously impact its value. There is no VIN# listed in the advertisement.

I've exchanged emails with the seller. He says the VIN is 5754. Supposedly the # was in the original ad he sent, but was dropped at some point.

It's unclear to me why the price is "cheap" other than perhaps it's a sell-it-now because I-need-the-money price.

I'm still looking around for someone to eye-ball it for me....
Four walling
Not sure which side of the arguement you're on becuase you seem to contradict yourself but I would have to agree with DeTom that the pricing would be higher in CA for the simple reason of supply and demand (not economic reasons).

The economy is the same for arguements sake regardless of geography, that I agree with you. However a car like the Pantera will have a higher demand, thus a generally higher price, in a state where it is more practical to drive. California lends itself to sports cars. Demand would be less for the Pantera in Alaska than a truck (not making any judgements on anyone from Alaska FWIW).

Compare the two cars above to the cars for sale at PIM. If they are as good as they look they are cheaper than what you get for the same money in CA......IMO.
Hi F351,

I totaled up the mileage of the 6 (CA street legal) cars on PIM.net (that had mileage posted)and found that the average miles on the cars are about 54K. If you divide that number by 35 (the average age of the vehicles), the average miles driven per year is about 1550.

It looks as though there is a lot of missed opportunity to drive these cars in the nice SoCal sunshine Smiler

I wonder the average Pantera mileage compares with the vehicles listed for sale on this website?

http://www.pim.net/pim1.html
Link copied to your clipboard.