Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It bolts up. I've not done this swap, but supposedly it only involves adapting the Ford electronics to get it running- no small task! Mechanically, the engine itself has heads that are so wide, swappers hacksaw the lower rear edges of the castings away to clear the inner fender panels. On some cars, the left side still needs a recess built into the fender panel. Exhaust is an issue of coutse. The stock 4-cam engine has a power steering pump built in; if you don't use it, you need to remove it & either re-route a shorter flat belt, or add some type of idler pulley. Run dry, the pump will sieze quickly. The firewall bubble can be completely discarded and a flat panel added. This allows the rt seat to go all the way back, increasing passenger comfort. The Lightning-type blower may interfere with the engine screen and you'll need to add a fuel-injection pump and a fuel return to the tank. Not sure of the motor mount bolt patterns. Lots of little details crop up in any swap, which may or may not be legal in your area of the country unless you retain ALL the stock smog stuff including the catalytic converters.
quote:
Originally posted by thomas kuester:
I have a chance to buy a new supercharged cobra motor. Will it match up to my 1972 Pantera bellhousing? If it does happen to fit, what other mess might I be getting myself into. Tom Kuester

this is very, very interesting.

How much? Special deal or what?

I have read that Saleen will be selling 425hp supercharges "crate" motors . . .

(mouth watering in Durango)
Link copied to your clipboard.