Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Kirk Evans:
4.22 is stock Pantera. I have a new 3.56

I thought the stock was 3.78???????

Here's the deal. I am running down the highway at 60mph at ~2100-2200 rpm. The engine is a big TQ engine and it feels like it needs to shift. I would love to run this rpm at 70mph instead of 60.

I plugged the numbers into the RBT calculator and it showed I need the 3.44. I have been trying to get a hold of RBT and have gotten no response; phone or email.

I have gotten a response from someone else which is good but I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

The trans is out and I really want to get the car back together. Last time I had trans work done it took 8 months!
What is your R-tire DIA? 4.22 is correct--3.44 is quite high. Is your goal to drop the 5th highway RPM?

Something was not adding up so I went to the RBT configurator and took a look. I plugged in the dot on the top that said Pantera and 3.78 came up---WTF? Took a closer look and realized the dot was to the left of Pantera and was for the GT40 so I moved the dot to the right of Pantera and it corrected to 4.22.

That may have happened to you also. Try plugging in a 6.2 fifth and see how it looks. The only down side of the high fifth is it adds load to your 4th-5th thrust washer but it's an easer change than a ring and pinion set-up.

I can do a 5th change in a day or 2 max depending upon cleaning time---about 3 to 4 hours drive time from you.
Your right I plugged the wrong one in.

3.56 would make it right. I would go with you on that one Kirk but I already have been working with PIM on that. He had a 3.56 so that should put me where I need to be.

First is about useless. I am running ~2100 at 60mph. It feels like I need to shift. I would like to be there at 70 MPH.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.