Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by PanteraDoug:
quote:
Originally posted by JFB #05177:
at that asking, you would think they would have some decent size pics

Maybe some of the interior too?

@ Panterror. You must be thinking Pontiac GTO. Ferrari GT0's are in the 50 million area aren't they?

No, just commenting on the seller making that comparison on the future value of his car to that of a Ferrari GTO value in his auction

"This might soon be a 20-30 million dollar car like the 62 Ferrari GTO since both cars have substancial racing history !"

....and as far as race history comparison, the car doesn't look like it has been raced but was supposedly restored, so not sure if that remark is supposed to refer to his specific car or just comparing the make and/or marque, but if the latter, it's equally as ridiculous of a comparison as the statement of value. I love my Pantera but am not delusional about it.....just sayin. It's just eBay, anybody can run an auction, doesn't mean it's relevant.

But hey, all you need to do is place a $500k bet with someone that it will indeed sell at that price, hit the BIN button and then ask them to pay up. You’ll either end up with your own $500k GT5 for free or a half million bad debt.

Best,
K
GTO- less than 30 built and covered in racing glory for a decade, penned by Bizzarrini and jewel engined by Colombo, with mechanicals meant to race.
GR 4 and not GT5S - competitive but no GTO.......sorry, ask even Ismo Sabatini and the autoluce team who prepared the DT engines after Bud Moore modified them and they'll probably agree it ain't a GTO!
Love does cause.....500k delusions!
The car is also listed on autotrader.ca at $149,900 by "Jiffy Car Sales" in Sault St Marie, Ontario citing $85000 spent on a recent restoration. I could be wrong but I also think this car spent time at "The Guild" shop that has the tv show Restoration Garage in Bradford Ontario.

Can some of our Ontario friends enlighten us more on this car?
quote:
Originally posted by Otis:
The car is also listed on autotrader.ca at $149,900 by "Jiffy Car Sales" in Sault St Marie, Ontario citing $85000 spent on a recent restoration. I could be wrong but I also think this car spent time at "The Guild" shop that has the tv show Restoration Garage in Bradford Ontario.

Can some of our Ontario friends enlighten us more on this car?

Is that the black car seen on "Restoration Garage"? One of The Guild owners (the money guy) owns/owned one and I was excited to see it get a small amount of TV time on the show.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.