Skip to main content

All,

I came across an eBay auction for a 500 page, soft-cover DeTomaso book I had never seen before.

https://tinyurl.com/rare-eBay-book

On the cover is the new DeTomaso logo created by the now-defunct Italian scam artists that bought the trademark rights some years ago.

The same folks who hired the PR company to attend, and massively photograph/video, the Fun Rally. The content of which was supposed to be provided to POCA, but………..

I’ve done a Google image search using the eBay photo of the cover - nothing.

I’ve searched Google images for “DeTomaso book” - nothing.

I suspect this was published by the PR firm/scam artists, and likely includes many Fun Rally-sourced photographs.

I sniped the auction with a ridiculously large bid. Several times more than any other DeTomaso marquee-specific book I’ve ever seen.

I lost to a winning bid of $510.

You read that right.

Does anyone have any other information on this publication?

Anyone on this list admit to being the winning bidder?

Larry

Attachments

Images (1)
  • SMALL_EBAY_BOOK
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Response from seller;

"It looks to me like a brand manual for the company that took the brand over a few years back. It contained their marketing and design strategy and things like this. I actually found this book in a drawer at a friends place and he doesn't remember where he got it! Sorry!"

Let's hope that an email list or PI Forum member is the new owner and perhaps can shed more light on the book.
When Gian Mario Rossignolo acquired the De Tomaso name, he would have needed to go through the various steps in the "start-up" process any corporation does, an introductory meeting for the press, a meeting with the financial board from which he was asking for the loan of a substantial amount of money, and a meeting for the prospective stockholders. I am positive this book was produced for one or all of those meetings, and that it is not the only one in existence.

500 pages is either a WOW or a roll eyes.

He acquired the money ... the book did its job. There was probably a box or boxes of undistributed copies, someone acquired it (them) for FREE. No doubt this is sourced from amongst those undistributed copies. The seller is no doubt blown over by how much they made on the auction.

-G

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.