Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Michael,

The yellow car looks nice, but consider the following:

It should have a flat vs. ribbed rear deck lid, given its VIN number.

The DeTomaso and Pantera emblems are not properly located on the rear valence, which to me indicates some major construction work was done there, as a simple repaint would have left the original locator holes.

there is a noticeable crease in the rear left trunk area (drivers side) and much, but not all of the original factory undercoating was removed.

Again, the ZF has been given a quick silvering (note all the bolts are silver, which they shouldn't be) to make it look good. Actually, the whole engine bay has been given a really quick gussy-up.

The entire car looks to have been repainted (replaced vin plate rivets).

The stock fuel filler neck is missing, along with the large engine screen (mesh).

The headliner is not original, nor is the steering wheel or shift knob. Strangely (to me), the rear interior firewall panel was recovered and has hidden/removed the upper seat belt mounts.

Has the original rad (but so does mine and it works OK)

It looks to me like this car was hit in the rear and repainted. It might have been a bad crash, or just a rear 3/4 bang. Either way, it needs to be carefully checked.

I hope this helps, and I want to point out that my observations are based on small photos and may prove incorrect after a proper inspection. Other than some weird things noted above, my car looked pretty much like this when I bought it and she looks much better now.

Good luck!

Mark
Pantera 1826
Thanks Guys,

Yeah, I notice lots. It can be a problem sometimes. But if I can help anyone in making the right decision for them, I'm very happy to help.

I'm not saying the yellow car is a bad car or a bad deal, as I do not know what they are asking for it, but I just wanted to make sure you had as much info as possible. I would hate for you to find a car and ship it thousands of miles only to be disappointed.

Keep looking, there are great cars out there.

Mark
Trust me you do not want to know what they are asking for it. Embarassing . Definetly not a Pantera-kind of dealer ;o)

I have two more leads one at Larry Stock and one that Jim Collizoni (? I think I mispelled his name) is taking at look at. Let me tell you this Pantera community is amazing. I am since years on Pelicanparts (a porsche forum and vendor) and I was surprised by the forums helpfulness and professionalism, but this site goes one further. Too bad Europe is not so Petrolheaded if that is an existing word.

Michel
Gearhead or Motorhead is the word you're looking for Michel. I always thought that Europeans were way ahead of us when it came to going fast.

Last time I helped a friend (Mic) find a car I came across dozens that you would have been in love with. I will look into my old records and see what I can find.

If you are referring to Cozzolino (Coz) he is the right guy to go to for help. A Pantera die hard for sure.
There was another cat on Craig's list, but the advert has expired. Here is a brief description and contact info ...

quote:
This 71 pantera I have owned for over 18 years. It is an excellent example of an original car. The only thing that has been added is the rear wing. it has original 10" camps rims on the rear. I have most of the original equipment that came with the car. The car is running and registered ready for some fun. the engine is strong and the numbers do match. It has 73k original miles on it. The car is not a show car, it will need to be restored to become one.
please only serious inquires. 323-203-7391
Link copied to your clipboard.