Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Guys.

Watching it drive away knowing it's not coming back this morning was a lot harder than I though it would be after 7 years of love and devotion to her. I walked back into the garage, sat on a chair and just stared at the empty space she's been for so long thinking about all the roads we traveled, people we've met and the great times we've shared. No question I regret selling it in so many ways, but it just had to be done for now.

There will come a day in the not so distant future I will get another one. It's just a matter of time.

Spending the last 24 hours with Julian makes me know she's going to a great person and a great home. It helps in many ways.

Regardless, it was a killer watching a major part of my life, 7 years worth, drive off. It sucks big time and I feel like I've lost part of me.

Today is not a good day for me. Thanks for the support guys. I very much appreciate it.
Last edited by coz
I feel both happy for Julian and quite envious of him!! I can't say I know how you feel Coz but I'm sure it really hurts and for that I'm really sorry. Hopefully you can look at it as passing the torch to someone who is going to love the car as you do. On the lighter side of things, kick around with that new stir fry wok until the 8 cylinder blues start to stir things up in you again!! All the best to you Coz!!
Aww c'mone there Coz. Panteras are cheap. There are literly thousands of them just laying around in someones garage. You can always buy back in on the cheap lowdown. Go and experiance modern technology!! Delve in to turbos and NOX and efi. You can always come back to old school, anytime you get the whim.
Well here I am, home again the proud new owner of #9178. I left Jim;s house in Phoenix this morning a great Spring day and have driven 12 hours straight (well apart from 6 stops for gas Smiler) and I arrived in Reno at 8:15 pm to snow falling Frowner But what a great 12 hours it was, I don't know of any other car that can make a 12 hour drive so damned enjoyable and all that despite battling with Nevada desert sandstorms, tumbleweed, rain and finally snow.

#9178 is so very different in many ways to #7024 and I have to thank Jim from the bottom of my heart, he spent a day walking me through all the things he had done on the car. The time we spent together just reinforced to me how much time, effort and love he'd put into the car and I feel privealeged to be able to carry on where he left off. To tell the truth, Jim did such a fantastic job, there isn't much for me to do other than drive and enjoy the car Smiler

I felt for Jim's loss today, but obviously I'm glad having decided to sell I was fortunate enough to be the buyer. But Jim, I and 9178 will always be close. First reunion will be in a month's time at Vegas.

Thanks Jim, you truly are one in a million and one of life's greats.

Julian
You bet we will Julian. I'm very proud to call you my friend and very proud with you that you now have my baby. I couldn't think of a better person to pass her on to. I know you'll actually drive her and work on her yourself with the same love and devotion as I did.

Thanks Julian. Looking forward to seeing both of you soon....(In my rear view Big Grin)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joules5:
But Jim, I and 9178 will always be close.
Thanks Jim, you truly are one in a million and one of life's greats.
Last edited by coz
Link copied to your clipboard.