Skip to main content

After checking with most of the standard (west coast) Mangusta parts souces, I concluded that 1) oem-style carpet kits are not available, and 2) many people prefer using higher quality material anyway. So if you want to keep the original looks you probably need to find appropriate material yourself, which is a pain! (note - I have not yet checked Mangusta International!)
Anyway, I believe Haargarn type carpets often have the desired salt/pepper look so it seemed like a good place to start - it appreas to be a German product, used on many 60/70s Porsches, but is sometimes referenced in the restoration of other period Italin cars, which used carpet materials similar to (or same as?) the Goose. I received below two samples from Hirsch (note arrows): the sales dept. stated that they are not Haargarn carpets in the formal sense and called 'hogshair' carpet instead. Carpet on the left side of the photo is oem from 8MA1010. Anyway, the thicker of the two Hirsch items (921-B) is very close to this oem sample. The pile is ~ 2mm thicker (which IS definitely noticible) and it IS slightly on the darker side, although that does not appear to be the case in this photo. #301 is not as close - it's slightly darker still, and the pile is ~ 1mm THINNER than oem, although the tight weave makes it feel about the same.
For the obligatory disclaimer, I have no connection w/ Hirsch (...be nice if I did, 921-B is not cheap at $82/ydSmiler Anybody else been down this same road recently with better results? Regards to all, Nate S

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Goose_carpet_options
Original Post
Link copied to your clipboard.