Skip to main content

So we had a great trip today. A nice long ride to nowhere, but it was very satisfying!

We had a great breakfast at the Vail Steak House. Lots of good food. We had two Panteras, and our dedicated support vehicle.

There was a great high-speed run down AZ-83 to Sonoita, and then we cut west to Patagonia, Our timing was perfect, as we grabbed the three best parking spots, and we arrived about 20 minutes ahead of the "T-Bucket Car Show Crew". They pulled in in force, while we watched their entry from the patio of the "Gathering Grounds" coffee shop. (PS. We are the young-looking ones waving at the camera in the picture).

We spent about an hour or more drinking our coffee, admiring the cars, and having our cars admired. Then we headed out towards Nogales.

We cut north at Rio Rico, and jumped onto I-19. At the major border patrol checkpoint, the Border Patrol started us out on a "Pantera Chickie Race" - it was just like in the movie "Rebel Without a Cause", except the Border Patrol guy had a Pancho Villa mustache and was wearing a Border Patrol uniform, and not a miniskirt! (I would be James Dean). The actual footage of the pre-race hijinks and the race itself is linked below.

The Chickie Race at the Nogales Border Patrol Checkpoint

We then blasted north to Green Valley, where we celebrated an early St. Patrick's Day at Mac's Pub and Patio, an Irish Bar with a Pantera twist!

It was another great event. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Watch these spaces for more pictures and video from the FIAT Club.

Slide Show - St. Patrick's Day in Patagonia
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah, Uhhhhh.....

(Best Rodney Dangerfield Impersonation...)

Whoever that guy is... I think he is running.....

Rear
15x10 OEM Campi
-
295/50 R15
Yokahama Avid S/T

But I'm not really sure..... I just bumped into him one time... Yeah. That's it!

He mentioned something about how hard it is to find tires for the 10" Campis!

Rocky

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.