Skip to main content

Got my carb back, looked kinda chalky and scruffy. Gosh, who'd notice? Like that ever stopped any of us...

After that got cleaned up, the air cleaner looked trashy, and so did the EGR, and you know the rest. Picture attached. Should be a fun Saturday!

Since the firewall was apart while doing the carb timing, I figured WHY NOT rip out the seats? Made sense at the time. New bolts, detailed rails, new seat belts (better, newer, SAVED and detailed the old ones) new Deltrin rollers, sound deadener under the carpet (already on the firewall).

Like I said, a great Saturday awaits!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Pantera_carb,_air_cleaner
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So true Rapid, so true. Were you watching me this Saturday?

Of course after the seats and all that came out, the carpet was just kinda looking at me, asking, "How would you feel if you were 32 years old and never had a bath?". So...

Before all that great sound deadener went in, the carpet gots fully shampooed and air dried. The sound-deadening material ( see http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...0124828948&rd=1&rd=1 ) cut
great and went right in (I already had QuietRide on the firewall, but added to the floor). The seat belts (those on ebay) also bolted in with some "adjustments". Now they pull and retract like a champ. Peace of mind there I guess.

The little yellow "2" looking numeral was on the retractor plate (floor level one) so I redid it when the cover was repainted in correct texture paint due to some sizable chips.

These things are so much fun to play with, I'm looking very forward to quality seat time.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Pantera_seat_and_belts
Last edited by ahudson
Another weekend of little projects planned (all fun)...

1. Sound deadener is great stuff, put under floors, another layer at firewall. Detailed firewall cover, reattached the vinyl, tidied it up.
2. Seatbelts are installed. The ebay ones didn't exactly fit like I'd hoped. Using the original female/push button side, with neat mod. You know how the thing always slips b/t the seat and console? (Say 'yes, I do'.) I put a new short battery cable (12" I think) and lined up the cable holes with the attachment holes for the belt and 'presto chango' it all fit together and the belt is ridin' high!
3. New seat rollers, plus a seat riser to get the thing off the floor by 5/8". (Aluminum 5/8" tubing cut, painted to match.
4. Carb is all set, vacuum lines in, advance set. (This took WAY too long. A call to Pat Mical was required by my resistant local tech... who admitted he should've done it long ago.) Breather goes back on tomorrow.
5. Block, heads, painted. Some detailing left to go. All my original decals awaiting this final bit.
6. Took wheels off for cleaning and repaint. I've got TWO sets of 10's, one may come up for sale soon.
7. New rear bumper shocks and bellows going on. (Mine had collapsed.)

I fired the car up tonight, while sitting on the floor of the car, no chair at all. OH MY. Sounds great. Cannot WAIT to get behind the wheel, provided I get time to do my little projects.

Thanks again for the encouragement and support!

Shot of newly detailed bits, newly painted (satin) and weatherstripped firewall cover...

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Pantera_seats,_cover,_firewall__005_small
Last edited by ahudson
Link copied to your clipboard.