Skip to main content

Hey Jeff.
Sorry I missed your query a couple of pages back regarding our Pantera Replicar. I posted some pics of detail shots of the space frame chassis showing the remote brake resivoirs, rose-jointed suspention etc. also shots of the rear section of a working scale wooden-model of the rolling chassis before we commited it to the CAD system and started Laser Cutting to build the first one. Theses pics along with shots of the new motor on stand with quad Webers and 180 degree exhaust are posted somewhere in the Tech. Section on ALAN B's posting of "180 Degree Exhausts" last seen round page 15.....I will forthwith move them to the new Engine Photo's Section asap...I'll also list the specs. We have been struggling with the carbon fibre body panels but now seem to have 'cured' the problems...Pics to follow. The rear deck-lid is a bit extreme and may not be to everyones taste but its sure is strong & light and being heavyly vented will lose lots of under bonnet heat build up...
Tai, Yeah thats him. I bought them from Steve Wilkinson. There are not many pushbuttons around. I could not belive he had them in stock on the shelf.and on sale too! $1750 USD. he did not really make them just for me but I'll bet he was glad when I called. I really liked the double slots too. The singles were just a match made in heaven. I know it is summer in South Africa, I hope you enjoy it while I'm getting rained on. Roll Eyes
Jeff6559.
You asked me 'to elaborate' on our Grp4 Replica chassis/suspention design compared to the problemactic "old" low-tech existing Pantera design and how difficult it was to make it all work properly and then maintain the giometery dialled in......( plse excuse spelling, english is not my first languge..)
Find pics of the same on the ENGINE PHOTO section.
With all the advantages of this present day hi-tech design one also has the advantage of the low weight the space-framed chassis & light weight body offers. Our first 34x examples weighted in at +- 2200lbs, but we hope soon to have a 'proper' Carbon Fibre sandwich/composite body which will lower the weight more and increase the tortional ridgidity of the cars...
Watch this space.
The only vechicle to better our lap time around Kyalamy International Racetrack is Dr Stuart Kidgell's biturbo Alfa V6 ULTIMA (disigned by none other than Lee Noble of NOBLE M400 fame). This ULTIMA is seriously quick. I quote: Street & Track issue # 24 reporting on the '05 FIREBALL RUN ; "This run attracted some hardcore machinery. There were Porches by the dozen ( and not run of the mill types either, Brian White had his twin-turbo monster on the bill. Stuart Kidgell had his fire-breathing Alfa biturbo ULTIMA ( which is reakoned to be the most advanced ULTIMA in the world) on hand. There were brand-spankers BMW CSL's., Nobles, Lotus Elise & Extige, Subaru WRX rally-spec tarmac racers and a bunch of breathed - on Chevy Corvettes ( Mallets, Callaways (?) as well."
Thought I'd pass this on, cheers.
Hey Roland. Wie gehts.
I disagree. Hamberg almost is Germany's nicest town. Ahrensburg is ! Rule Ahrensburg.
We lived there for 2 years. The best years.... What a shame we didnt bump into each other. I had my GT40 Replica there and my Pantera. My everyday car /daily driver was a white '65 Jaguar S-type. Small world.
Keep up the good work spanking those uptight Porsche / Beeemer Boys with your fabulous Cat.
Cheers, tai
Hi Roland. Tai again. Yeah, trust Boyd Coddington to come up with a good looking wheel that is strong AND light. - I struggled for awhile deciding what wheel/tyre combo to run on my GRP4 Replica and finally settled on a set of Work Racing rims; 16x9.5" and 18x13".( I dont like the 'nose-up' look, so i went with 16's in the front....) - Being 3 piece rims with spun ally outers they are both strong @ light. And not half bad looking to boot.
Thought i'd pass that along....i worry about folk bolting heavy chunks of metal on the ends of the already overstressed, 'old- fashioned' suspentions of the orginal cars....have you seen what is sold by vendors to try and keep the front-end setups in place on the suspentions A - arms? - Boy o boy....Cheers again. tai
Hi Roland, wir waren 1992 - 94 - und eigentlich ist Tai's deutsch nicht sehr gut - aber er hatte sich ueber Deine deutsche Nachricht sehr gefreut and so muss ich jetzt antworten. Wir haben einen weissen Old Timer Jaguar in Ahrensburg gefahren und auch einen GT 40 - den die Polizei sofort konfiskieren wollte - eigentlich 2 Minuten vom Hafen nach der Ankunft -(hier hatte er ihn fuer Jahre ohne Probleme gefahren.
Best regards,
Angelika Smirnoff -Krige
Link copied to your clipboard.