Skip to main content

It is time to let the Pantera go after almost ten years of great ownership. With a day job and a driving school I just do not have time for the car. Car has about 1200 miles on all of the new parts.

Pictures: http://www.scottandtemphotography.com/pantera/

1971 Pantera

Exterior:
1. Paint is two years old Corvette
Millennium Yellow
2. All chrome stainless has been blacked out.
3. Huge “elephant ears” scoops are where the rear windows would go on the side of car. Can be taken off easily.
4. Pantera Performance Center lockable aircraft gas filler.
5. New fiberglass Long and Newman hood. This is an NOS hood not a used one.
6. Under the front windshield vents and be a problem area on a Pantera. I had this area striped to see if there was rust and I got lucky there was not.
7. Front GTS spoiler with driving light holes.
8. Hall Ultra Wheels (looks like Pantera 2000 or SI). 17 x 8 front 17 x 11 rear.
9. Polished rear a-arm covers.
10. Stainless wheel house covers.
11. Custom rear ext with Magnaflow stainless mufflers.
12. New ext hangers.

Front trunk:
1. New (PI) Fluidyne lay down radiator and fans.
2. KG Performance relay kit.
3. New felt.
4. PI Polished optima battery cover.

Interior:
1. New Pantera International (PI) seats. Recovered stock seats for more support and original seat track rebuilt.
2. Alpine stereo (works great) why would you want it on??
3. LeCarra steering wheel.
4. Blacked out shifter gate. (Keeps the sun out of your eyes).
5. Roll bar (Hall Pantera) used for harnesses.
6. New ultra shield (Tyler TX) four point harnesses.
7. I have a set of NOS carpet that goes with the car. Nothing wrong with the carpet that is in the car.
8. New weather striping.
9. New Pantera Performance Center gas peddle.
10. New shifter handle (never installed), Lady Luck shifter ball stays with me!

Suspension:
1. New PI QAI 12 way adjustable coilovers designed by PI. I also bought the right cup mounts for the shocks to mount to the Pantera pick up points and had them cut down for proper fit.
2. New arm bushings (5k miles).
3. Hall cad plated (chrome) half shafts.
4. New u-joints
5. Steering rack had been rebuilt with upgraded gear.
6. Billet sway bar caps.

ZF:
1. Polished Dash -1 with lower final gear.
2. ZF was rebuilt by Frank Jerome of the Final Touch here in the DFW area.
3. Ring gear has been safety wired.
4. New clutch, P-plate, and Flywheel.
5. Hall steel vent line.
6. Hall master slave with alum (bling) bracket.
7. Braided clutch line.

Engine Compartment:
1. Stripped of all stock undercoating.
2. Painted with a tuff (rhino liner) material. This allows you to work on the car if needed.
3. The AC lines have been re-routed to the inner fender well and clips were removed.
4. Harness has been hidden.
5. Custom cross bar.
6. Stainless gas tank cover and firewall.
7. Gas tank flushed sealed and fitted with bungs to run EFI.
8. Gas tank has all new seals.
9. Polished stainless water bottles.

Engine:
This motor is a street motor. If you want a wild stroker the 351w swap has already been done.

The EFI system on this car is the same as every V8 Ford product built from 1986 1/2 to 1995. Ford put this same set up in the 1994-1995 Lightening. Yes that is correct this system was designed for a 351W motor. It runs just like all the 5.0 Mustangs you saw and still running the streets. Many people have modified these systems to drag race or road race. You have many tuning options if that is the way you choose to go.

1. 351 Windsor swap with Ford EFI system.
2. All swap parts came from PI Motorsports. (Coated headers, water neck, front cover, new water tubes, AC bracket).
3. Heads are Eldelbrock performer.
4. Block is a .30 over 1974 351 Windsor.
5. All EFI parts are brand new.
a. Eldebrock fuel rails.
b. FMS 30 lb injectors.
c. C & L mass air meter for 30 #
d. All fuel lines are custom fabricated.
e. Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-gap intake with injector bosses from the factory.
f. Custom cold air intake.
g. Fuel pressure gauge on motor.
h. 75 MM TB
i. New Painless EFI wiring harness.
j. New EFI module on Ford EFI distributor.
k. All fasteners are new.
l. Ford EFI 9AL computer is mounted in front to passenger side rear tire on a custom panel inside a water proof cover designed for ski boats.
m. Test port is accessible w/o taking off the tire.
n. Fuel pump is a unit you can source at any parts store and is under the gas tank, between the frame rails with a steal cover.
o. New bushings in motor mounts.
p. Lokar dipstick.
q. Lokar throttle cable.
r. All sensors are new.
s. All belts and hosed are new.
t. 10 quart Avid pan with baffles designed for the Pantera.
u. Crane Gold 1.7 roller rockers.
v. New PI headers.

Wiring:
1. Rick Mosley upgraded fuse box under front cover in car.
2. Painless fuse box under car.
3. KG Performance (Frisco TX) relay kit. No chance of a melt down here. I may take over NASA.

AC
1. System is a Pantera Performance Center 134 system.
2. AC lines and dryer are routed in inner fender.

All weather striping and soft parts are new all over the car. Except front windshield.

Most hardware is new.

The car drives as it should!! It sounds better than anything you have now! I have built this car as a resto-mod, pro-tour car. I want this to be reliable, get some gas mileage, be comfortable, and easy to fix (any Ford shop can trouble shoot and fix) if needed.

I am going to answer some FAQ that I have had come up many times:

1. This the same EFI system Ford used and designed for the 87-95 Mustang and 94-95 Lightening. This was designed by Ford and can be worked on by any Ford garage. For books you can read to get educated on this EFI set up please go here: http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=18

2. This is a Mass-Air EFI system that will adjust with the enviroment the car is in. There is another type of EFI system that is called speed-density. If you have questions on the differences between the two types of EFI please read or use the interweb to become educated.

3. Yes the car is Yellow. It will be yellow as long as I own the car.

4. I am I flexable on the price. NO. The car is great to drive once a month like I do now.

Price is $53,500

Yes my name is John Holmes.
817-320-7165
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the board John,
BEAUTIFUL car, GORGEOUS photos!
Please don't take this wrong, unless this is a FIRE SALE, or your just really a nice guy, your selling your car too cheap!

IMHO you would be better served consigning the car, I've seen lesser cars sold through PI for much more than $53,500. Times are a changing, and the price on nice cars is finally starting to rise. Just my 2 cents

Really nice car!

Mark 6808
Pick the price that you want and hold out for it. I was asking $65,000. for my last Pantera and people told me I would never get it. I even turned down a offer for $60,000.. And then the right person showed up and paid full price!I sold it for what I had in it, it was a great car, and he was happy with it at that price. So after you decide on a price, dont give in. Especially on a nice car, hold out to get what you want.
To say that this is a "nice car" is really a drastic understatement.
For a person that understands it, the price is an incrediable bargin.
To each his own, but I wouldn't offer it at this price. I think it wouldn't be out of line to ask something like twice this.
Good luck on the sale. It is really beautiful and well thought out.
I've driven this car, and let me say it is very nice to drive indeed. First EFI Pantera I'd ever driven, and it sure was nice not to have any carb lag, and instant throttle response. With the new QA1 shocks on there, it reminded me just how bad I needed to get new shocks for my car! I pulled it up to over 100 and it ran beautifully.

Someone is going to get a nice car, with a lot of work already done.
Link copied to your clipboard.