Skip to main content

1972 DeTomaso Pantera Pre L $65,000

Owned by past PCNC President Roger Sharp for 30 years.
NO RUST!
Wilkinson 17” rims
Front- 235/40 .17
Rear 335/35 .17
Small front air dam with fog lights
Lowered floor pans
5 point Deist seat belts
Removable steering wheel
CB radio
All new glass flush mount windshield (Wilkinson)
Vader power window kit
Newer stock headliner
Small Camaro headlights low profile
Fluidyne aluminum radiator and duel fans. Never runs hot.
Upgraded master cylinder
Stainless steel radiator pressure and overflow tanks
Wilkinson aluminum adjustable shocks
Spicer half shafts
Billet steel half shaft short axels
Aluminum engine bay brace
Newer rack and pinion steering

ENGINE
351 Cleveland now 408
Block trued and machined
All bolts replaced with A.R.P. studs and aircraft nuts with thrust washers
Scatt forged crank 3/8” stroker
Fluid front dampner
Block is 10k overbored
Scatt H beam 6” rods
Forged pistons 10.5-1 compression
10 Qt oil pan
M.S.D. ignition
Uni light distributor
Yates aluminum heads C.3.L.
Heads studded with aircraft nuts and thrust washers
Manly heavy duty stainless steel valves
Jessel rocker arms
Roller cam & lifters
True roller timing gears
Haltec F-9 E.C.M.
Stainless steel headers and exhaust and mufflers (NEW)
48 I.D.A. port injectors
K & N air filters
Center Force aluminum fly wheel
Center Force clutch
Stainless steel slave cylinder for clutch
Z.F. trans axle tall 5th gear R.B.T.
Newly tuned to new exhaust.
HAVE MORE PICTURES AND A VIDEO BUT CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO ADD. JUST EMAIL TO CRABB428@AOL.COM PHONE 831-801-7777 & I WILL SEND

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 2006-01-01_00.00.00-74
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

shagtera and others with interest:

Did you notice Roger's for sale post is his first to this site?

I've known Roger for years but have never known him to be internet active.

He included full contact information in his post.

If you are truly interested, contact him as he requested, not with a post to this thread that he very likely will never see.

By the way, what I know about Roger and his Pantera tells me this car will soon belong to a very happy new owner, and at a very nice price even if his $65K pricing is firm.
quote:
Originally posted by Italian hot rod:

If you are truly interested, contact him as he requested, not with a post to this thread that he very likely will never see.

By the way, what I know about Roger and his Pantera tells me this car will soon belong to a very happy new owner, and at a very nice price even if his $65K pricing is firm.
The OP ( Roger) must be somewhat internet active as evidenced by the craigslist ad he posted...

https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/4795150068.html

...Mark
quote:
The OP ( Roger) must be somewhat internet active as evidenced by the craigslist ad he posted...

You might come to that conclusion.

However, the conclusion I come to (remember, I know Roger) is someone helped him with CL as well as on this BB.

In any case, contact him through email or tele, not through this board.
Well,

I am that new owner! I went Tuesday and went for a drive with Roger, and quickly realized that the other car I was considering (a full-blown race car I was planning on putting back onto the street) was not reasonable, and I would have spent the difference in cost I would have spent on the other car getting it to run on the street. It was 14-1, needed race gas, was running slicks, it would have needed a lot of work.

After driving with Roger in his car, I decided to buy the car.

I trailered it home, took care of all the "stuff" (insurance, licence plate release, registration) got the paperwork all finished, and took the car for my first drive yesterday. It was a very special 1st drive, I was a little scared, intimidated, but the car is just awesome! Gauges all read "good to go" and the car runs beautifully.

I just got back from my second drive in the car, showed it off to my old shop, they were stoked for me. The car is absolutely amazing.

I'm happy, and honored to have been able to buy Roger's car.

I spent more than I had factored into my budget, but luckily i know many good recipes involving Top Ramen, which I'll be eating for the next year lol. But who cares! I own Roger's Pantera! I am literally THE happiest man on earth right now.

6 months ago I was a day or 2 away from death, waiting for a date for heart surgery that turned into a 4.5 month wait, with me going downhill day-by-day. I finally got the surgery date, and literally prayed I would live until the surgery things were so bad. I had a clogged atrial valve that was something like 93% clogged, and I'm very lucky to have gotten, and made it through the surgery.
Things like that can seriously change one's perspective on things, and one day a few weeks ago I decided to sell my hotrod Subaru, and go get my dream car, the car I've always wanted since i was maybe 14.

Anyways, long story short, I now own Roger's white Pantera (now named "Snow White") and I'm loving life.

Thanks again to Roger and his wife for selling me the car, I'm honored and promise to give it a good home, and be a good owner.

quote:
Originally posted by Italian hot rod:

I can put you in touch with the owner of the blue race car if you like. It also is supposed to have quite the history, built by Mike Cook and Jim Clancey (I think that's what I was told) in 93. Supposed to be fairly famous and a regular at Willow Springs for a LONG time. Roll caged out to all four corners, Nascar engine, supposed to be a monster and in really good shape.

PM me and I'll send you the contact info. The owner is going through a lot of personal stuff right now so you might have to wait a bit before the car can be viewed. He wasn't really planning on selling, but I contacted him and we talked, he just needed time to deal with his personal stuff before I could fly down and look at the car. He was actually relieved when I told him I'd bought a different car because he's dealing with a lot right now.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.