Skip to main content

Sold, Sold, Sold,

1972 DeTomaso Pantera Group 4 Wide body conversion.

This wide body conversion has the Hall GT kit with the fiberglass flares. The body is extreamly solid. Floors, Rockers, Sub-frame, wheel pearches all extreamly solid. The car has 30,000 miles with about 5,000 on the engine since rebuild. The suspension has been lowered and rides on adjustable coil over shocks. The wheels are Wilkenson 17 inch wheels made for the wide body cars. Please note the very rare and desirable flat rear deck lid chrome bumper car. The car runs and drives nice and tight and is very fast. Transmission shifts good. Please be sure to view the videos and photos as I was better able to show the flaws as well as how truly cool this car is. I have a Clean title and have verified the title numbers match the VIN tag and the stamped foot well. Last 4 of vin is 2332. I am willing to ship overseas but the car will not be released until all funds have cleared my bank. There are many upgrades to this car:

Aluminum Cooling tubes
Marahia high flow cooling fans on a 10 second delay relay.
All New Marshal Gauges (comes with original speedo)
Hall Headers with Mindtrain style exhaust (loud but nice)
Rebuilt engine
Upgraded Master Cylinder for brakes
Eldebrock Performer intake
Mallory Ignition
New Nexen N3000 245/40 ZR17 inch front tires
Michelin Pilot Sport 335/35 ZR17 inch rear tires
Hall GT Flare kit
Older Diamond tuck interior in good shape
Adjustable coil over shocks
Wilkenson 17 inch wheels
Mini air dam front spoilerNew rear tail light lens on both left and right side

The car is needing some attention as it is an older restoration. Below are some of the things I have noticed, there may be more but here is what I can tell you at this time.
Rear drivers quarter where the fender flare meets the body, the transision where the flare attaches to the body is uneven. Very hard to see in the photos. I suspect the car was sealed and painted before the body work had time to cure. See photos and video
Right rear hub has a broken stud (easily obtained)
Car is missing the door jam light switches, door lights, door rubber stoppers and other minor parts. (all relitively cheap and easy to obtain) see photos
The paint is cracked by the right front fender, also several chips and scratches, see photos
The A/C compressor and condenser are missing
The right front wheel has curb rash, see video
Leaks a little oil
Headliner is sagging
License plate light missing
Alternator belt is loose
Emergancy brake needs adjusting.

SOLD

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 72_Yellow_wide_body_2332_LR_IMG_1261
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Joe
Yes, meeting another pantera fan would be great. There are one or two others in our area but we pretty much keep busy.
I have another pantera that will be coming up for sale here shortly. Pantera 5176 is a 73 L in Yellow. Very nice clean show worthy driver with newly rebuilt engine with zero miles on it. The car has 40,000 miles. Very solid car and very stock looking. I will try to get some pics and info up soon. Got a busy week, getting ready for the Carisle corvette show next week.
Link copied to your clipboard.