Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

FWIW, I recently found the retractor ends of Pantera seat belts are Ford belts No big surprise there! The retractor ends mounted in the Pantera rocker panels snap right into my son's '90 Ford pickup truck female ends. The trucks front belts were too long but the rear jump-seat units for a extended cab fit perfectly but don't have stand-ups. For buckle holders that lift the buckle up off the floor, I used mid-80s Buick units that Pick 'n Pull gives away free. Take some measurements and go look around.
quote:
Originally posted by maximus:
Doe's anyone know of O.E.M. seat for 1987 other then the typical pleated fluffy seat? Some reputable pantera shop said something of a "mexica"?? any pics?? Thank you

THe stock seat was a thick un-pleated leather-padded unit with big chrome side-parts that are part of a garish recliner mechanism. Hardly anyone likes them and trust me, if you're over about 5'10" your head will likely hit the roof. They came in tan or black leather. I prefer reupholstered stockers from '71-early '72 that have removeable backs. You can slot the holes in the back retainer straps and use an allen wrench to adjust rake that way- while on the road. In addition, Gary Hall, Mike Cook and the Byars Bros (other vendors as well) can reupholster and re-pad stockers for more headroom, reweld any cracks in the frames and use real leather or leather/cloth as the photo shows. The price used to be $150 a panel (early seats have 3 'panels'). Call around- your host PIM might do this job, too.
quote:
Originally posted by maximus:
Doe's anyone know of O.E.M. seat for 1987 other then the typical pleated fluffy seat? Some reputable pantera shop said something of a "mexica"?? any pics?? Thank you

Late model Panteras either came with the aforementioned "fluffy" Maserati seat or with the sport seat. Here's a sport seat from an Si. They hold you in place much better than the fluffy seat, imo

Attachments

Images (1)
  • seats
Link copied to your clipboard.