Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I know someone that had several Corvettes in succession during that timeframe. Then he decided to go with a Viper. He promptly crashed that car and then went back to Corvettes. He explained to me that he thought the Viper is an awkward car.  He thought different engineering groups worked on different areas of the car and it was not well integrated

Another complaint was that many people thought the Viper sounded like a UPS truck and not a high-performance V10 car

Last edited by stevebuchanan

I know someone that had several Corvettes in succession during that timeframe. Then he decided to go with a Viper. He promptly crashed that car and then went back to Corvettes. He explained to me that he thought the Viper is an awkward car.  

It may be awkward to those that are used to nanny aids to drive, as unlike the Corvette of the era the Viper has no traction control. As Motor Trend said "you can turn it with a tap of the gas pedal"!

Personally, I think the early RT/10 with the side pipes is an iconic design and they are very drivable cars, with gobs of torque.

@joules posted:

It may be awkward to those that are used to nanny aids to drive, as unlike the Corvette of the era the Viper has no traction control. As Motor Trend said "you can turn it with a tap of the gas pedal"!

Personally, I think the early RT/10 with the side pipes is an iconic design and they are very drivable cars, with gobs of torque.

Julian, I agree , also the 3 spoke wheels on the first series makes the difference.

Personally I find it a shame the later series are using more universal wheels.

Simon

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.