Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I sent the seller a PM...here are my questions & his reply...

eBay
New message from: 2014.lecap (0)
Seriously ? look at the pictures, Do you see any '' bundle of snakes '' ? If you read the add, It tells you it is a display motor, It's standard bore, runs on regular gasoline, there's no dyno print out,
Your previous message

Hello; Very interested in the engine.Can you provide me with the various engine components & Dyno printout.

What is the compression ratio & octane level of fuel needed?

Does the engine come with 180 degree headers "bundle of snakes"?

Soooooo...as you can read...NO Dyno printout!!!...runs on "Regular Gas"...& can propel the Pantera to OVER 200MPH!!!...
quote:
Originally posted by ehpantera:
Using a standard ZF and 26" tires you would need to run at 7700 RPM to do 200mph.

I don't think so. Total BS.

Mark

Technically, you can change the ring and pinion and you could use a 6 speed RBT with a double over drive.

The GT40's with the 289's turning only to 7,000 rpm's certainly saw 200 regularly.

That is the wrong balancer for it though. Bada boom. Big bada boom.

On the carbs, when you use that Inglese kit to reverse the one right bank of carbs to simplify the linkage unfortunately you loose about 25hp by doing it simply because those two carbs put the throttle opening in the wrong place. Been there. Done that. That's a no-no.

You need 42mm venturi's as well. Ask him what are in the carbs. 37's won't cut it.

I would say a 600+ lift cam as well. Solids. Forget about hydraulic lifters.

Good heads though and certainly with a couple of tweeks here and there... Big Grin

I would suspect that it is highly unlikey the car ever saw 200mph with that engine. 200kph. No problem. Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.