Skip to main content

This meet is tentative, looking for a weekend possibility.

Saratoga Springs, NY is 3½ hours away from the Boston MA area, the NY City area, the Montreal, CDN area and 2½ hours away from the Syracuse, NY area

Anyone willing? Theres 26 Panteras listed on the Pantera Map Locations in a 4 hour radius: Pantera Map Locations
and about 10 more guys who are not on the map.
Will need comments, suggestions, dates and participants
Please PM me
Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

not good dates:

May 13 Mother's Day
May 26,27,28 Memorial Day w/end, Pocono
June 8-10 Montreal Grand-Prix
June 17 Father's Day
June 22-25 La Belle Macchine Pocono

Witch leaves us with these dates:

May 12 (probably with the Saratoga Auto Museum Spring Auto Show, don't know their exact date yet)
May 19
May 20
June 2
June 3
June 16

It would be good to participate in a show as it cuts down on admin

Sponsors?
Vendors?
Banners?
Hotel accomodations? 10 minutes away
Underground parking? Yes, (Church Street off Broadway)
Ground reservations?
orginiser?
Other activities: Saratoga Automobile Museum
Breakfast place(s)?
Lunch place(s) or on site?
Dinner place(s)?

Please feel free to PM me with your comments and suggestions
There aren't that many dates left in the spring?

There really are only the eight weekends in May and June. Many of which are already spoken for.

I think you are going to have to pick a date and see if it works for enough people?

If you ask 10 people, you will get someone who can't make it because of a wedding, graduation, etc.

May can be cool and rainy here.

I see the best dates as May 19 & 20 but you may not get too much interest because people may have difficulty getting time off because Memorial Day weekend is the next one.

Ditto to the weekend following it.
Maybe yes...maybe no? So many things need to fall into place. For one thing I can't violate my parole again. Another is I can't get caught doing 150 again and tell the cop I was trying to outrun the asteroid and tell him he is a goofy looking bastard?

They need to pick a date first though. I need to know. There could be a shotgun wedding coming up?

I'm trying to be good though. I don't want my full carry permit denied again?
I am in contact with Richard Selikoff of the Saratoga Auto Museum and he will be hosting his by-annnual car exibition on the week end of Mothers Day so that is the 19th and 20th of May. Mother's day being an off limits for some of us, I would suggest the Saturday May 19th date. The Gates open at 7:30 am, We will have a reserved section if we can confirm 10 cars minimum, with a prize in our category.
More info to follow and please mark your agendas for the 19th of May.
Thanks MX144, I will be needing your help, I'll be sending you a PM (private message) shortly.
Doug,
So with all the stars aligned and you packing your 44 mag. we could have a shoot out right in the middle of the town ... that would be a crowd pleaser.

Mic if you need anything i also have close friend who lives in saratoga ... he attends the harely fest at the museum ...last time David and I inquired ... May sounds good to me ..

Ron
quote:
Originally posted by accobra:
Doug,
So with all the stars aligned and you packing your 44 mag. we could have a shoot out right in the middle of the town ... that would be a crowd pleaser.

Mic if you need anything i also have close friend who lives in saratoga ... he attends the harely fest at the museum ...last time David and I inquired ... May sounds good to me ..

Ron

Which stars are you talking about aligning? TV, Movies, Adult Video? There are a few adult stars I'd like to align?
I'm not allowed to drive with my Glock. I tend to shoot at the pigeons for crapping on my car. The NYS Police have already warned me about that.
I didn't get an invitation? I don't think they want me there?
I know there are several of us with vehicles who live within 2 hours of Saratoga and I know they are making a day trip of it. I live 20 minutes away and if things work out I'll picking up my first Pantera today.

I know there will be a bunch of people coming to support us so we should have a nice showing.

This is the first time we've done this as a group but from what I've heard from the others who have attending, this is a nice venue.

I know I'm excited to meet everyone. I know some people have conflicting schedules and can't make it but I've made arrangements to meet up with them, hang out, eat lunch and make a weekend trip of it.

There are a few people I've spoken to that haven't had their car out in years. I know some were excited to get them out while others pondered whether it was better to let to sell them so others could enjoy them.

Either way I know the people I'm bringing are all fired up at the opportunity to re-live something of a childhood dream.
Still up in the air as I will be having surgery on my right shoulder on 4/23/12. Would like to at least come down for saturday with the cat if I can shift. I too am considering selling 2539.
I live about one mile away from the intersection of the NYS thruway and interstate Rt. 81 and will be home on Friday if anyone would like to stop by on their way down for a breather/drink or if they have any problems with thier cat.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.