Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by jeff6559:
Now that you mention it, wasn't it taken from him as part of a bankruptcy or divorce settlement?

So whats that have to do with NOT getting the wheel orders out! Did they cut off the phone lines? Old or new owners should be in contact with customers about the status of there wheel orders! What a D**K!
Nothing............Nothing............Nothing. (I just called Coddington, after speaking to my vendor who could not get a reply from them). And yes, they will only speak to the vendor....which I understand. This guy would give ZERO information at all, did not matter that its going on 6months now or not. You think Coddingtons is gonna pick up the phone and call with an update. (probably in 2007).

Am I screwed here or what..........Honestly in 30days if no wheels I'm gonna just sell the f'n car, its not worth it.
Some thing are worth the wait. I waited 6 months for my wheels. I was not happy with the situation. However, once they came and I got them on the car, I was happy because they looked very nice. I know that it's frustrating, but don't sell the car because a wheel order was botched. There are a lot of wheel makers out there and some of our vendors are having great sales at the moment. You could always call around to see what the vendors have IN STOCK and then decide if you want to cancel your order or not.

John
When I inquired about inventory I was told there was one set of 17"'s not-yet spoken for and they are 2weeks away. This was mid-Dec. (And I think the order was placed Nov2005). I believe though that this is about when stuff starte to change/move out there with the Coddington shop. I think the vendor is unfortunately screwed on this also (I'd hate to be the person answering the phone)....but again since Nov2005? I'd love to hear what MrBoyd himself would have as an answer because his name is still on the wheel website. (Although again, he can build a car in 3months but not wheels for someone else)
I also waited many months for the PE/Boyds wheels to arrive and they are not what was ordered. However, Wink it is only a minor detail difference with the depth of the trapezoid and I am pleased with the way they look, as are those that have seen them. Attempted to load a photo but was told "file too large"
EC,

right click & edit the picture. you can view the size of the pic using "attributes". use "shrink & skew" to knock the size of pic down so that is not over 640 pixels in height or width, go back & forth between attributes and shrink & skew until you have the picture sized where you want it, then "save as" a JPEG file, which compresses the data.

By using "save as" you create a new picture file to post on the bb, the original picture file is left full size, un-edited.

your friend on the DTBB
quote:
Originally posted by Pant5761:
I also waited many months for the PE/Boyds wheels to arrive and they are not what was ordered. However, Wink it is only a minor detail difference with the depth of the trapezoid and I am pleased with the way they look, as are those that have seen them. Attempted to load a photo but was told "file too large"

Same crap I ran into, waited for months on wheels with excuses every 2 weeks, they finally get the wheels and they aren't even what I ordered. Great customer service and communication. LOL
quote:
Originally posted by kaamacat:
Can someone out in California tell me if this is normal.

OK...... I find out there is a set of 17" GT5 wheels possibly due with in the next few weeks (and this is back mid-Dec 2005) to a vendor. 3 sets were ordered, and I am #3....so I send the $$$. So my cash is there 12/16/2005.

Now..... As of today I have no wheels yet, so the question is this.

All things considered (information that is), any ideas on why it is now 2+months (and Im being nice here) overdue on wheels from Coddington? Is it possible that custom orders like this are "shuffled down" if he has some other hot projects. (needless to say I'm pi$$ed at the moment)

Is there anyone in the area that knows them well enough to understand what-the-deal-is?

Did Your wheels ever show up???
Kaamacat,
I know him,And I have held off on this issue,but believe me it's all about Boyd, If it benefits Boyd it gets done otherwise nobody is more important than Mr, Coddington. You will probably get your wheels when you order a set else where. have your vendor give you your money back and cancel the order with Boyd.
Best thing you could do.
daleyracing. Well tomorrow I'm calling to get my weekly update from my vendor, and, as much as I hate to say it but, most looking from the outside would call me an idiot for even putting up with this crap for 6months now. (never yet a date given to me). Because I had always planned on getting the GT5 wheels for my car since I purchased it, when I had the cash available to complete it...........if thats not gonna be a reality then the car goes. (heck I'd take 37K for it now and sell the wheels for what I paid for them later)
quote:
Originally posted by kaamacat:
Woooo Hooooo......... My vendor called and left a message, saying the rear 17x13's are there and ready to ship Monday.......and he front 17x10's should be in Friday. (you have no idea how I needed to hear some good news like this)

Congrats!

What an ordeal eh?

Smiler
Link copied to your clipboard.