Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

George,

Lookin' good, way to go, glad to hear you finally got round to it, even if it took a sick day to get it done.

Mine are still in the box I brought them back from Vegas in. Just too many nice drivin' days and a lot going on in Reno at present I guess.

Julian
George,
They look great, hope you feel better, I put mine in when I got back from Vegas, however the lights never worked on my car, Well everything but the headlights. they go up and down great but won't turn on. George if you have a drawing of the wireing I could get to rewire mire my lights, just power to the bulbs. even if it is hand drawn.
I love the looks of them, heres mine.
Dennis "WEBERS" Daley

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Pantera_lights
Dennis,

did you try powering the lights up with some jumper wires straight to the battery? there is a possibility there is a problem with the wiring harnesses manufactured by Amerisport, my headlights had such an issue. Once I identified the problem Kirk quickly mailed me a set of replacement harnesses.

If your old headlighlights worked, and you connected the black, green and grey wires of the cars wiring harness to the black, green and grey wires of the headlights, they should have tuned on.

I'll try to get a wiring diagram drawn up and post it later this evening. I'm at work, I need my electrical notes (which are at home) to do the drawing.

your friend on the DTBB
If like me you want the full 'quad headlight light up the road' effect on high beam, there's a Painless Wiring kit/relay # PRF-30822 that will allow you to have all 4 headlights on with high beam operation.

Thanks goes to RoverLTD for the tip on this one.

Julian
Mr Rapid,

I don't really know how the new bulbs compare to the old frog eyes yet. I need to get them adjusted before I give it a good night run. The frog eyes were halogen bulbs too, they were pretty bright, frankly I'll be pleased if the new lights are equally bright as those they replaced.

thanks for the compliment

your friend on the DTBB
I agree 100% George. My froggies were super bright halogens. But they looked goofy, bounced around and always reminded me of air brakes. I got Ted's lights. They look great and work fine. Not brighter, but they cut a nice clean path into the night. Close up vision (to see those potholes beofre you hit them) could always be improved so I tried a few real bright rectangular lites to replace the fog lites in the front air dam. I picked a decent pair and together they light up the road just fine.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • lites
quote:
Originally posted by lastpushbutton:
I must admit that I don't drive my car at night either. Its not the lights, it is the crazy people and deer that come out.

I was averaging 1 rabbit a night in mine. Poor little boogers would come running straight at me, guess they thought they could slip under?
I really like this light setup, anyone have a link they can give me to find a set for mine?
thnx
jeff
Link copied to your clipboard.