Skip to main content

Guys , recently I have installed new water Tubes, New 4 core Hall Radiator and fans, New Robertson Thermostat, New electronic temp Guage Plus a host of pantera electronics items..

My first drive yesterday I noticed the temp sitting at 95C on freeway, car didn't smell hot and all looked ok when I got to my destination.

Today I notice that at idle the guage sits on around 80C on 23 C day no problems there, but I did notice that while idleing if I increased the revs, the guage climbs up exactly the same as the Amp and Oil pressure guage, and as I decrease the revs the guage drops back in line with the other gauges.... I would have thought the temp guage would be more stable. Any thoughts.?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I haven't looked closely at the gauge wiring yet, But resistance sender type gauges would be sensitive to system voltage changes and to inadaquate grounding.

giving the grounding problem history with other circuits, that would be the first I would look at. then look at what the battery voltage was doing when the gauge indication was changing without a real temperature change
quote:
Originally posted by JFB #05177:
I haven't looked closely at the gauge wiring yet, But resistance sender type gauges would be sensitive to system voltage changes and to inadaquate grounding.

giving the grounding problem history with other circuits, that would be the first I would look at. then look at what the battery voltage was doing when the gauge indication was changing without a real temperature change

Agreed. You have an electrical issue. Probably nothing to do with the actual engine temperature.

Doug M
I am sure you already did this, but bleed the air from the top petcock on your radiator again,
I find after I run the engine it always gets some air in mine. I assume you have the stock gauges? A stock motor? A stock sensor?
The wiring on the Pantera is sometimes a real mystery, when I first got my car, I would turn on the lights and the temp would go up! I ended up running a wire directly from the sensor outside the normal loom.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.