Skip to main content

Figured with Vegas coming up somebody on the board might need some track wheels. Wheels need to be refinished (can be done for additional $500) or run them like they are. Front tires look new, the rears are worn, mostly in the middle (looks like over inflation) $1500 takes the package, will be posting on e-bay soon, but I figured I'd give the board first crack.

Pictures avaliable, couldn't upload Confused
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah Mark I noticed that too. I tried uploading pics this morning and all I got was an error message.
I am not certain but I think the 8, 10 are supposed to be rare or something. I guess most racers don't want 15s anymore cause they have a hard time finding speed rated rubber for them. But man I just don't know nothing anymore. Seems like there is absultely no certain knowledge about Panteras. Seems like a virgin science. I am going for a degree in Panteraiology I guess.
quote:
Originally posted by DeTom:
Yeah Mark I noticed that too. I tried uploading pics this morning and all I got was an error message.
I am not certain but I think the 8, 10 are supposed to be rare or something. I guess most racers don't want 15s anymore cause they have a hard time finding speed rated rubber for them. But man I just don't know nothing anymore. Seems like there is absultely no certain knowledge about Panteras. Seems like a virgin science. I am going for a degree in Panteraiology I guess.

DeTom,
I've heard the same thing, just figured I offer them up, I don't plan on running them, and cann't see storing them away, were they don't see the light of day. If somebody was looking for a set, that already had usable rubber, these would them.
Hi Mark:

Am I correct that the wheels you're offering for sale are original Campy magnesium 8s and 10s?

If so, despite some real issues finding tires, these wheels are still in high demand so long as they don't have any (possibly invisible) structoral issues.

I've been told to avoid Campys for racing because they're not built for the stresses of the track. In fact, I sold my own 8s and 10s to finance two sets of replacement aluminum wheels and had enough money left over for a $1000 set of race tires.

Your original Campy 8s and 10s could be a real steal at $1500 provided they're in decent structural shape.

Matt Merritt
(who wishes he still had Campys for his racecar)
Matt, they are the factory campys 15" they need to be refinished (poor prior paint job). I keep hearing they are rare, so in a effort to clear space in the garage, I'm upping the price of the wheels (they're rare you know Wink ) New updated price 1 million dollars (they're rare)

Really, $1500 puts them in your garage, hell I'll even deliver them to Burbank (as long as I get to see the race car) Beers are on you though!
Mark 6808
quote:
Originally posted by DeTom:
Mark, you are a cool dude. That was a nice offer you just made that other guy. I like you, you are all right in my book. Wink

DeTom, I have to admit I'm being a little selfish in my offer. I want the garage space, 6808 is ready for put together, and I have too much stuff to get around the garage. Wink
Thanks for the DeTom seal of approval, I hope my honesty doesn't take me out of your book. Big Grin
Mark 6808
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_M:
Hi Mark:

Am I correct that the wheels you're offering for sale are original Campy magnesium 8s and 10s?

If so, despite some real issues finding tires, these wheels are still in high demand so long as they don't have any (possibly invisible) structoral issues.

I've been told to avoid Campys for racing because they're not built for the stresses of the track. In fact, I sold my own 8s and 10s to finance two sets of replacement aluminum wheels and had enough money left over for a $1000 set of race tires.

Your original Campy 8s and 10s could be a real steal at $1500 provided they're in decent structural shape.

Matt Merritt
(who wishes he still had Campys for his racecar)
Matt, BTW your race car is way cool to say the least. I have been investigating an event like Bonneville.. in North Carolina ,straight line speed.. guess what. They do not even allow magnesium wheels.
If you are still in the market for 8 and 10 inch Campagnolo wheels, please consider this set with slicks of unknown vintage but in good condition. These are early DeTomaso Campagnolo wheels, not the later Technomagensio brand. If somebody is restoring a Pantera and wants the early item, this may be the hot ticket. Asking $2,200.00 or best offer. Call Jerry at 714-744-1398 if interested. Thanks, Dave

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Campy1
quote:
Originally posted by Whiplash:
If you are still in the market for 8 and 10 inch Campagnolo wheels, please consider this set with slicks of unknown vintage but in good condition. These are early DeTomaso Campagnolo wheels,

I recognize these. They even have the original Hall Pantera "silver", aka gray, powdercoat on them, circa 1983ish.

Jeff
Link copied to your clipboard.