Hello all,

Here is a bad crash rebuilt several years ago. The picture posted below was the first email shot I received when they asked if it could be rebuilt. I said "sure I can rebuild it" all the while they were probably thinking "pucker up butter cup" Anyway it was a chore but came out quite well.

Attachments

Photos (1)
Original Post
Same side inner wheel well with the undercoat stripped and the metal just starting to be cut---I was attempting to salvage the original pieces from the car to build correct patterns so the rebuild could be as factory exact as possible.

Attachments

Photos (1)
This is the right side rebuilt---I'll show the construction later. Just wanted to show the structure drain holes in the bottom---the left side rust repairs matched the openings in this picture---just can't find a shot of it tonight.

Attachments

Photos (1)
This is a picture of the lower frame rail outer skins with both of the inner structures drilled off. I rebuilt the suspension mount sleeves using 1" washers on both sides welded to the sleeve. This will prevent the sleeve welds from fracturing off the skins which all late model cars are prone to.

Attachments

Photos (1)
The structures are now welded to the outer skins. The rods keep the structure parallel so the suspension mounts correctly. The platform is mounted to my fixture which holds all of the mounting positions in there correct location.

Attachments

Photos (1)
Another view from the outside. You can see the taillight panel has been mostly straightened by this point. Still had to straighten the taillight mounting pocket and re-install it back on the rear panel.

I will post more later on this week.

Attachments

Photos (1)
This one was close to a total for sure.

This next picture is a better view of the removed damage showing the right rear wheel well fixture mounted to the car. I have a fixture system that bolts to a heavy frame spit platform that locates every stud or nut welded to the body. Using our fixture we can replace all of the damage assuring a correct part position. Using the fixture system, AmeriSport could build a Pantera from scratch if all the original metal parts were still available. It has proven to be invaluable when we're rebuilding sever crashes or bad rust damage.

Attachments

Photos (1)
Another view from the other side. This shows the early repairs on the left quarter and taillight panel. The frame fixture was original built in 1980 to install new Ford replacement wheel wells. Over the years I've added every other bolt point to the jigging.

Attachments

Photos (1)
Here is a shot of another car that had rust damage. This is a view of the door fixture mounted to the car and rotator assembly---just a reference picture. The mounting spit platform and attachments are not pretty but they work very well.

Attachments

Photos (1)
Freshly mounted quarter panel and deck lid. The deck was mashed badly on the right side where the impact originated. I had to remove the inner structure to straighten the skin and then re-weld the inner frame-work. The deck came out quite well considering the extent of damage.

Attachments

Photos (1)

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post
×
×
×
×