Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford's new 5.0 modular V8 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A popular Mustang magazine has recently been dyno testing the new 5.0 Coyote. The latest test involved a set of slightly longer duration Comp Cams, ported heads from JPC, new valve springs, long-tube headers, and some tweaks to the computer "tune". They tested the engine with unported heads, ported heads, stock intake, and Boss intake. The ported heads, cams, stock intake, long-tube headers and tune made 545 hp with 475 lb-ft of torque at around 5000 rpm (with over 300 at 3000 rpm). Just the camshaft and long-tube header upgrade made 515 hp. The Boss intake made 575 hp but was down on torque.

Posts: 366 | city, state or province, country: Farmington, Utah | Registered: September 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PanteraTurbo
posted Hide Post
We just dropped one of these into our 67 Meteor Rideau 500. We are using a Vipec ECU and are waiting for them to write an algorithm to decode the cam sensor data. For the time being the cams are in their parked position. At park they have a -51 degree overlap. In this position the car made 335hp at the tires. Not bad considering how much gain we will get when we can phase them closer to their +50 degree maximum overlap.

Blaine Carmena
5252 Motorsports
www.5252motorsports.com
(778)426-3966

Posts: 848 | city, state or province, country: Victoria, British Columbia | Registered: January 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LIV1S
posted Hide Post
Zombie thread, back from the dead.

Saw a pic of a Coyote motor in a Pantera posted by Pantera Performance in Colorado. Engine bay shot with the motor installed. I wish I they can post a shot of the firewall to see how much the need to cut, if any.

Nice fit from the back though. So, I just saw a supercharged Coyote crate motor from Edelbrock - 700HP & 606 TQ..... Woohoo!!!! Fit that.
Better budget in some money for blown clutches and zf gears but what they hey.

You only LIV1S - Enjoy

Posts: 449 | city, state or province, country: Hawaii | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of agustaboy
posted Hide Post
WOW Tempting.

There are a number of low mi. Motors and ECUs starting to show up in wrecking yards.

Posts: 234 | city, state or province, country: northwest | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of agustaboy
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the weight difference is between it and the cast iron 351C

Posts: 234 | city, state or province, country: northwest | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LIV1S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agustaboy:
Wonder what the weight difference is between it and the cast iron 351C

According to the Ford Racing Parts website, the Coyote weighs in at 444 lbs. And, this is their special of the month:

Local Ford Dealer's Price:$14,120.18
FRP Regular Price:$7,279.00
Sale Price:$6,249.95
You save $7,870.23!
FREE FREIGHT TO YOUR DOOR IN ALL 50 STATES (Incl. HI and AK) AND PUERTO RICO!! (AN $800 Value)

(I sound like salesman)

You only LIV1S - Enjoy

Posts: 449 | city, state or province, country: Hawaii | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of agustaboy
posted Hide Post
SOOOOOO Has anyone completed a Coyote 5.0 engine swap?

Found this But I think this guy ended up selling this as a project.
http://www.svtperformance.com/...ith-5-0-Coyote-motor

quote:
Coyote motor in a Pantera posted by Pantera Performance